By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did Wii U do its 1st Year on the Market? 2.48 Million Hardware Sold!

Rate How well Wii U did!

Fantastic (couldnt have been better) 22 5.85%

Great Numbers! 94 25.00%

Good 145 38.56%

Average (Half and Half) 51 13.56%

Not Quite there! 29 7.71%

Very Bad 13 3.46%

Terrible (Bombed) 14 3.72%

Im not so smart with numbers!!!!! 8 2.13%

Total:376

So the end of 2012 and Wii U been on the market for about a month and the half and sold 2.48mil Hardware, How did it do!

Discuss.....

Around the Network

Well, I would need something to compare it to. I read somewhere that they planned to ship about 5 million by the end of 2012, but that could have been by the end of the Fiscal Year which ends early 2013. If that's the case, I think it did well.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Well it will not hit the targeted 5,5 million shipped units by the end of the fiscal year but it will also not miss by as much as the vita will miss it's projected target of 16 million (combined with PSP).

That's a success in my book

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I had really low expectations...
Really low...
So I think it did pretty good...

Have a nice day...

For being its first holiday at its highest price, with a very small library and some strong, cheaper competition, WiiU definitely did good to great.

Around the Network

I thought it didn't do that well - thought it should be above 5 million. But the whole industry is down.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It seems to be doing Fantastic.

It's not doing fantastic but not bad either.
Where'd you get the 2.48 Million from though? Was that announced?

NintendoPie said:

Last week numbers are here.... http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41266/Global/ ...... Added the 247k this week!

tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:

Last week numbers are here.... http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41266/Global/ ...... Added the 247k this week!

I noticed that thread right after I exited yours, lol.