By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Splinter Cell: Conviction PS3 dated?

I have always thought it was strange that this game was 360 exclusive. The Splinter Cell series has always sold well on Playstation 2. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it went 360/PS3.

Around the Network

I actually like Splinter Cell a lot more than MGS. (Both are great though)

CAL4M1TY said:
I don't understand how Conviction is the poor man's (or the crapper version) of MGS4:

1) Both are established series and no one seemed to be complaining for the last 5 or 6 SC games when they were multiplatform

2) Conviction is set in a realistic world, MGS4 is set in a fantasy world (large robotic machines, genetically enhanced humans, cyborg's, liquid snakes... not literally :) )

3) MGS is about Infiltration, Conviction is about Evasion

4) SC has always sported completely real weapons (otherwise it wouldn't be a clancy game) MGS has bent the laws of physics and reality on a number of occassions.

5) Is it because Fisher looks like a hobo now?

Still, I wouldn't care if it went multiplatform, no loss felt here.

I'm an RPG fan, so don't really care about either game....but maybe you answer your own question....

Lots of people don't want their games to be "real"...they don't want "real" places & "real guns" etc.

Sometimes it's the imagination, the unreality, the fantastical that makes games so alluring & beautiful....e.g. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Halo, etc.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

I DEFINITELY prefer MGS over Splinter Cell, but having it would be good none the less I suppose :P I think it'll be multi-plat eventually, esp considering the sucess of Assassins creed on both consoles. But will it be a good port... hmmmm

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

DragonLord said:
CAL4M1TY said:
I don't understand how Conviction is the poor man's (or the crapper version) of MGS4:

1) Both are established series and no one seemed to be complaining for the last 5 or 6 SC games when they were multiplatform

2) Conviction is set in a realistic world, MGS4 is set in a fantasy world (large robotic machines, genetically enhanced humans, cyborg's, liquid snakes... not literally :) )

4) SC has always sported completely real weapons (otherwise it wouldn't be a clancy game) MGS has bent the laws of physics and reality on a number of occassions.

I'm an RPG fan, so don't really care about either game....but maybe you answer your own question....

Lots of people don't want their games to be "real"...they don't want "real" places & "real guns" etc.

Sometimes it's the imagination, the unreality, the fantastical that makes games so alluring & beautiful....e.g. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Halo, etc.

<3 Have my babies :P, I'm so SICK of "realism" in video games >< man real life sucks ass! Why are we trying to emulate that ;-;. Give me something I can't see in the real world :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Except the first one , the SC titles where never console sellers , so I dont care ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

CAL4M1TY said:

I agree with pretty much every point you listed.  People have to realize SC and MGS are different games.  They both use stealth as a big part of their gameplay but the similarities stop there pretty much.

Also hunter_alien, I play games because they are good.  Not because they cause other people to buy the system.   Chaos Theory only sold about 2 million spread out over its' various platforms which is good but not a system seller but it averaged a 94% on GR.  Definitely worth checking out.

Ubisoft has officially made toooooo many Splinter Cell games. The first two games were excellent, if not revolutionary, but now....they are still great, but it's nothing to get excited about.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

azrm2k

Omg, i love your wii/carlton sig !  =)

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?