By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Splinter Cell: Conviction PS3 dated?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=180184

Seems there are rumors about Splinter Cell: Conviction going to the ps3 now...much more believable than Ninja Gaiden 2 IMO.

Anyhow, I could care less eitherway, but thought some might be interested. Seems like this would be a dumb move on Ubisoft's part though because it is coming out near the same time frame as MGS4.

Whether this is ps3 bound or not, I do think that developers are STARTING to look a LITTLE more kindly on the ps3. Its worldwide sales have definitely improved.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

I would love this game to come out on PS3, it would just make MGS4 look that much better.

yea im placing this rumor next to the MGS4 on 360 rumor

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Still haven't finished 1 and i've yet to open 2-4 for xb1. But it's just a rumor until the developers say otherwise.

poor mans wannabe MGS, me no care.

Around the Network

I wouldn't be surprised if it is...ubisoft's track record for exclusives isn't great - Assassin's Creed anyone?

Ps3 has MGS4, Xbox should keep Splinter Cell. But whatever the more the merrier, right?

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I doubt it. I seem to recall Game listing MGS4 and Mass Effect as multiplat at one point in time. It may have been another UK retailer, but I'm pretty sure it was Game.

However, if this does go multiplat, how many major exclusives will the 360 have left this year? NG2 and Lost Odyssey are the only definites I can think of. Gears 2 and Fable 2 are possibles, but will likely hit in '09.

If this goes multiplat, the ps3 will put even more hurt on the 360 over the coming year.

I don't understand how Conviction is the poor man's (or the crapper version) of MGS4:

1) Both are established series and no one seemed to be complaining for the last 5 or 6 SC games when they were multiplatform

2) Conviction is set in a realistic world, MGS4 is set in a fantasy world (large robotic machines, genetically enhanced humans, cyborg's, liquid snakes... not literally :) )

3) MGS is about Infiltration, Conviction is about Evasion

4) SC has always sported completely real weapons (otherwise it wouldn't be a clancy game) MGS has bent the laws of physics and reality on a number of occassions.

5) Is it because Fisher looks like a hobo now?

Still, I wouldn't care if it went multiplatform, no loss felt here.

PS3 owners will be lucky if Splinter Cell: Conviction is multiplatform.  Ubisoft (makers of Assassins Creed) is developing the game and is changing Splinter Cell's gameplay so that it will be more a modern Assassins Creed than the linear games that Splinter Cell use to be.  Examples of this include crowd dynamics and hero vision, sound familar Assassins Creed fans?

Until Ubisoft says something I'm still going to say its XBox 360 and PC only, but I wouldn't be too suprised if this changed.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers