By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where to be born in 2013?

Agree/Disagree?

Costa Rica been 30th above Portugal, Poland, Brazil & mexico looks good. But Chile above Japan? Am I missing something? Discuss...

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/01/daily-chart?page=1&fsrc=scn%2Fgp%2Fwl%2Fdc%2Fbirthright#sort-comments 

Edit: I'd choose Japan or Singapur if given the chance!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

The top 20 are so close it really doesn't matter.

Israel 20 seems kinda...

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

kain_kusanagi said:

Loser talk from #16.

Here at #9, we know it's all about the top 10.

Arbitrary rankings for hits!!

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Loser talk from #16.

How's the winter up there at #9? It's pretty nice here at a measly .43 points lower. It's probably not all that much different for you anyway since 99% of your population lives as close to NA #17 as they possibly can and shop across the board to avoid the GST. I guess the great white north isn't too bad if you stay in to watch some Hollywood movies and enjoy some delicious McDonalds. Yep, that .43 difference makes all the differences and makes that whole GST, PST, and HST totally worth it.

You might be interested to know that the UN Human Development Index rates the US at #4 and Canada at #8 and that while the US makes public it's poverty rate Canada keeps theirs under wraps. Not that any of it really matters since we are talking about such a tiny difference.

Personally I'm a big fan of both countries and its people. Nearly  the whole Top 20 on this list are really great free nations. But if I had to move away from my beloved homeland I think I'd probably go with #2 over #9.

Yup, Britain is apparently a hellhole. We are below Kuwait and Chile.

Switzerland and Canada look attractive.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

56... well at least we stand better than Nigeria

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Aj_habfan said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Loser talk from #16.

Meh who cares about top 10. Here at #4 we know it's all about the top 5.

But if had to choose a country to be born in it would be Australia.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I would be very surprised not to see Switzerland as number 1.