By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Ps3 will FINALLY pass the xbox360 at some point,so what,s the big deal?it,s only 2013

q and a time.

predictions are a two way street.
It's not accurate to simply say fans predicted the ps3 to outsell the competition without acknowledging that the reverse was being said by the othersides.
Ergo, it's not just "sony fans predicted ps3 to sell more and were fonally right after 7 years"
It's also, "anti-sony people predicted the ps3 to be in last place and fought it every step of the way for 7 years until undeniably proven wrong".

This is all assuming they actually do outsell the competition.

Around the Network
Skyl1n3 said:
I wonder when people will realise that out of the millions of 360's that RRoD'd (most on multiple occasions) how many more sales did the 360 get from that because of kids parents buying them a new one?

Oh and Sales2099, GT5 has sold more than double what Forza 4 has, and before you say "it came out 1 year before Forza 4", just look at PS3 to 360 sales, PS3 came out 1 year later but is on the brink of surpassing the 360 sales, and I believe it already would be past the 360 sales if millions of people didn't have to go and by another 360 because the 1st one RRoD'd...

Oh dear what am I saying, I'm defending Sony, god forbid I do such a thing?!!

Ps3 had the YLOD. Second wtf are talking about. GT5 and Forza 4. This in no way is compariable. It's nice you made a new account to hide your identity.

Is this ethomaz?

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Dragon246 said:
Looks like MS fans are already preparing their "It doesn't matter" speeches.

Ive been saying this since 2010. We all know its gonna happen at some point. 

But for the former #1 brand in gaming to crawl to 2nd place after 7+ years and in all likelihood after the next xbox is released, not to mention the marketshare gains Xbox has made at the expense of Sonys.......to celebrate victory is to celebrate lowering the bar for your faction.

So by all means, celebrate

PS3 has outsold Xbox360 every full year on the market except for 2008. In direct competition, the 360 has lost. Nothing you say can change this fact.

Who's made more money? Who gained more this gen (3rd party support & Owning U.S.)? Who converted many millions to their brand? Who has held a lead and outwitted the whole way? Sony has took it in the pants this gen. 720 will launch with ps3 still behind 360, fact!!! So really if ps3 does pass up 360, it will be like lighting a m1000 and it being a dud.

I dont really PS3 will pass the Xbox 360 next year ,except IF Xbox 720 is released , and i think both of thier sales will go kinda down cuz of the Wii-U cuz probably it will get good games next year and alot of people will buy it including me.

IMSM

spaceguy said:
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Dragon246 said:

But for the former #1 brand in gaming to crawl to 2nd place after 7+ years and in all likelihood after the next xbox is released, not to mention the marketshare gains Xbox has made at the expense of Sonys.......to celebrate victory is to celebrate lowering the bar for your faction.

PS3 has outsold Xbox360 every full year on the market except for 2008. In direct competition, the 360 has lost. Nothing you say can change this fact.

Who's made more money? Who gained more this gen (3rd party support & Owning U.S.)? Who converted many millions to their brand? Who has held a lead and outwitted the whole way? Sony has took it in the pants this gen. 720 will launch with ps3 still behind 360, fact!!! So really if ps3 does pass up 360, it will be like lighting a m1000 and it being a dud.

We don't know as MS electronics devision doesn't break it down for us. We know Sony and MS lost quite a bit of money in the early goings and are now recouping great losses. Do we know if either console has made a net profit? I honestly do not know. 

360 expanded greatly in the US, I'm not attempting to dominish MS, just pointing out that in direct competition, the PS3 has sold better.

"720 will launch with ps3 still behind 360, fact" - care to bet on this? My projections show PS3 surpassing 360 in November of next year, so it's entirely possible for this to occur.

Around the Network

Xbox passing Wii in U.K. and the U.S. is much bigger deal than PS3 passing Xbox.
but we won't see 100 threads about it.

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Dragon246 said:

Lifetime sales.

Gen over gen marketshare, 3rd party support, profit.....all things MS gained. Again still more lifetime sales and will have them in time for next Xbox to come out. PS3 can claw and scratch its way to 2nd place and you can celebrate, but your lowering the bar for your kind. Its loose loose, so I guess you gotta celebrate something.

PS......your flattering signature is wrong in that my sig is something that gets people into instant passionate debates. Your sig is something nobody cares about. Whatever point your trying to make is moot because people cared more about my sig then yours.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Lifetime sales. 

Gen over gen marketshare, 3rd party support, profit.....all things MS gained. Again still more lifetime sales and will have them in time for next Xbox to come out. PS3 can claw and scratch its way to 2nd place and you can celebrate, but your lowering the bar for your kind. Its loose loose, so I guess you gotta celebrate something.

PS......your flattering signature is wrong in that my sig is something that gets people into instant passionate debates. Your sig is something nobody cares about. Whatever point your trying to make is moot because people cared more about my sig then yours.

Someone else already mentioned those things, I've addressed them in that post. Feel free to read it or not.

You miss the point of my sig. You are comparing sales for a game from 2010, to not 1, but 2 other games from 2011 and 2012. A valid comparison would be lifetime sales as most games sales occur within the first year of release. In other words, it is a stupid and meaningless comparison.

spaceguy said:
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Dragon246 said:

Calm down dude lmfao....

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Lifetime sales. 

Someone else already mentioned those things, I've addressed them in that post. Feel free to read it or not.

You miss the point of my sig. You are comparing sales for a game from 2010, to not 1, but 2 other games from 2011 and 2012. A valid comparison would be lifetime sales as most games sales occur within the first year of release. In other words, it is a stupid and meaningless comparison.

Not really, you are willing to bet that PS3 will take 2nd before next Xbox is out, which I doubt given low sales of non-holiday months and MS doing a price drop mid-year to make way for next generation.You also waive your hand at MS and Sony financial statements because 360 and PS3 are grouped with other devices. But we do know that MS has made profit on Xbox far sooner then PS3 did and PS3s 2006-2009 net losses far outweigh 360s initial losses and the RROD thingy.

You say PS3 sold more since 2008, but I say 360 has more lifetime sales throughout it all. PS3 can claw its way year after year no problem, but 360 was 2nd place the entire time, and again made tons more improvements gen over gen.

My sig is comparing 2 IPs. Just happens that the last GT game was released in 2010. Not my problem. Your comparing 2 IPs that nobody really compares anymore or debates about seriously. Thats where your sig is wrong. Relevance is key.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.