By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Ps3 will FINALLY pass the xbox360 at some point,so what,s the big deal?it,s only 2013

I think the Forza vs GT sig is misleading and stupid, and the KZ3 vs ODST is a fabulous parody of it. Great job, made me chuckle.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Not really, you are willing to bet that PS3 will take 2nd before next Xbox is out, which I doubt given low sales of non-holiday months and MS doing a price drop mid-year to make way for next generation.You also waive your hand at MS and Sony financial statements because 360 and PS3 are grouped with other devices. But we do know that MS has made profit on Xbox far sooner then PS3 did and PS3s 2006-2009 net losses far outweigh 360s initial losses and the RROD thingy.

You say PS3 sold more since 2008, but I say 360 has more lifetime sales throughout it all. PS3 can claw its way year after year no problem, but 360 was 2nd place the entire time, and again made tons more improvements gen over gen.

My sig is comparing 2 IPs. Just happens that the last GT game was released in 2010. Not my problem. Your comparing 2 IPs that nobody really compares anymore or debates about seriously. Thats where your sig is wrong. Relevance is key.

Huge games next year for ps3 + price drop = huge sales. (We've seen it before, history repeats itself) 360 is tanking hard, down 33% on the year, will be down 40% next year in my projection allowing the PS3 to surpass the 360 in November. Even if current trends held firm with Ps3: (-25%) and 360: (-33%) the consoles would finish dead even for 2013. I don't see this happening, the PS3 has more room to work with for price and plenty of big hits coming, it will finish with a comparable year to 2012 albeit still down YOY.

You are using suppositions to substantiate your point - we do not know of net numbers for either product. The initial losses were comparable IIRC. 

No, you aren't comparing 2 IPs, you are comparing 2 franchises' sales figures from 2012 - One such franchise released 2 years prior, the other franchise's games released this year and 1 year prior. If you cannot understand what's so illogical about that, perhaps you should seek a rudimentary logic course.

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Not really, you are willing to bet that PS3 will take 2nd before next Xbox is out, which I doubt given low sales of non-holiday months and MS doing a price drop mid-year to make way for next generation.You also waive your hand at MS and Sony financial statements because 360 and PS3 are grouped with other devices. But we do know that MS has made profit on Xbox far sooner then PS3 did and PS3s 2006-2009 net losses far outweigh 360s initial losses and the RROD thingy.

You say PS3 sold more since 2008, but I say 360 has more lifetime sales throughout it all. PS3 can claw its way year after year no problem, but 360 was 2nd place the entire time, and again made tons more improvements gen over gen.

My sig is comparing 2 IPs. Just happens that the last GT game was released in 2010. Not my problem. Your comparing 2 IPs that nobody really compares anymore or debates about seriously. Thats where your sig is wrong. Relevance is key.

Huge games next year for ps3 + price drop = huge sales. (We've seen it before, history repeats itself) 360 is tanking hard, down 33% on the year, will be down 40% next year in my projection allowing the PS3 to surpass the 360 in November. Even if current trends held firm with Ps3: (-25%) and 360: (-33%) the consoles would finish dead even for 2013. I don't see this happening, the PS3 has more room to work with for price and plenty of big hits coming, it will finish with a comparable year to 2012 albeit still down YOY.

You are using suppositions to substantiate your point - we do not know of net numbers for either product. The initial losses were comparable IIRC. 

No, you aren't comparing 2 IPs, you are comparing 2 franchises' sales figures from 2012 - One such franchise released 2 years prior, the other franchise's games released this year and 1 year prior. If you cannot understand what's so illogical about that, perhaps you should seek a rudimentary logic course.

Come on now. He needs to do all he can to make his lover appear as if it's doing impressively above the competition. Offer him tissues and let him continue to define his life on those silly things.

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

IMO the sales for non holiday months will put PS3 within 500k of 360 come october 2013. We shall see I suppose.

Your using the lack of concrete data to sweep what we do know under the rug. PS3 2006-2009 losses far outweigh its profitability and probably will never make a net profit. 360 however has a chance, allthough it isn't quite there yet. Either way we know that 360 has made more profit this gen, since its been so since 2008.

My sig is comparing 2 rival IPS and what each is bringing to the table in 2012. Not my problem when they released. Nobody said this was fair, industry hardly is. But above all else its about two franchises that get people talking, thats where your flattering parody doesnt get it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Hynad said:
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

Come on now. He needs to do all he can to make his lover appear as if it's doing impressively above the competition. Offer him tissues and let him have his own deluded way.

I represent 2nd. He represents last. I dont get your comment. Why offer tissues to someone who isn't losing? Delusion is thinking your winning when your actually losing. 2nd isn't 3rd, and I know 360 is 2nd as it has been this generation. So I can't be deluded. Its people trying to turn bronze into gold that you should be directing this response to.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
spaceguy said:
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
Dragon246 said:
Looks like MS fans are already preparing their "It doesn't matter" speeches.

Ive been saying this since 2010. We all know its gonna happen at some point. 

But for the former #1 brand in gaming to crawl to 2nd place after 7+ years and in all likelihood after the next xbox is released, not to mention the marketshare gains Xbox has made at the expense of Sonys.......to celebrate victory is to celebrate lowering the bar for your faction.

So by all means, celebrate

PS3 has outsold Xbox360 every full year on the market except for 2008. In direct competition, the 360 has lost. Nothing you say can change this fact.

Who's made more money? Who gained more this gen (3rd party support & Owning U.S.)? Who converted many millions to their brand? Who has held a lead and outwitted the whole way? Sony has took it in the pants this gen. 720 will launch with ps3 still behind 360, fact!!! So really if ps3 does pass up 360, it will be like lighting a m1000 and it being a dud.

Calm down dude lmfao....

A steamed up today but not anything to do with this site. However it is showing in my posts. My mom has got cancer back, so kinda been a shit week. I'm usually pretty calm, Just irritated.

sales2099 said:
Hynad said:
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

Come on now. He needs to do all he can to make his lover appear as if it's doing impressively above the competition. Offer him tissues and let him have his own deluded way.

I represent 2nd. He represents last. I dont get your comment. Why offer tissues to someone who isn't losing? Delusion is thinking your winning when your actually losing. 2nd isn't 3rd, and I know 360 is 2nd as it has been this generation. So I can't be deluded. Its people trying to turn bronze into gold that you should be directing this response to.

I direct this to whoever deserve it. And in the case here, you're the one who does. Not that you'll ever see that. You'd need to be able to do a deep ego check for that. 

sales2099 said:

IMO the sales for non holiday months will put PS3 within 500k of 360 come october 2013. We shall see I suppose.

Your using the lack of concrete data to sweep what we do know under the rug. PS3 2006-2009 losses far outweigh its profitability and probably will never make a net profit. 360 however has a chance, allthough it isn't quite there yet. Either way we know that 360 has made more profit this gen, since its been so since 2008.

My sig is comparing 2 rival IPS and what each is bringing to the table in 2012. Not my problem when they released. Nobody said this was fair, industry hardly is. But above all else its about two franchises that get people talking, thats where your flattering parody doesnt get it.

I don't feel comfortable commenting on things we have no evidence of. So far as we know, neither console has been profitable (Net). Sony hasn't recouped as much of its losses as MS? Could be, again, without hard date it's all speculatory. 

I don't know how to make it any clearer about your sig. At least J_Allard gets it. Small victories are okay by me.

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

360 will still be ahead in November, 360 has more profit room to drop price. Also once 720 hits, PS3 is going to take a hit in the pants. Once they announce 720 I expect people to hold off for next gen consoles.

sales2099 said:
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

People are talking about PS3 and 360 yet you're in here downplaying PS3 potentially passing it based on how irrelevant the timeline is. So who really cares that a game from 2011 and a game from 2012 are currently outselling a game from 2010, especially when that 2010 game overall has like double the sales of those two Forza games combined LOL.

Seems your sig is meant to do nothing but troll, and now your feelings are clearly hurt that someone did it even better.