By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Games You Stopped Playing in 2012

Game I stopped playing: Professor Layton & The Miracle Mask

Why I was excited for it: I'd completed all the previous Layton's, and was excited to see the rest of the prequel story unfold.

Why I stopped playing it: Ran out of Hint coins just when I needed them on a tough puzzle, can't remember the puzzle number, might be 105 or 108.

Likelihood of returning to it: High, when someone finishes their Let's Play on Youtube I will see how it's done.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Xenoblade people were hyped about it I even participated in that OP rainfall
It just never clicked for me. I got about an hour and half in and IMHO it was kinda boring.
Ill return to it when i start clearing some of my games, dont want to give up especially considering all the crap i gave NOA for not intially releasing it.

Ninga Gaiden Sigma Plus wasnt really hyped but i always wanted to get the game and i figured hell, might as well get the lastest version for Vita
Goddamn is it hard, i forgot how much. I havent given up totally i just dont play as much.

Parasite Eve i love the game, but i cant kill that spider boss, but i will try again eventually

FF13 Not exactly new, but this is the only game I really gave up on. Im not going to list the reasons why, but its a damn shame as all I have to do is kill the final boss. But i dont care enough to do it. I might just watch the ending on youtube i dont know.

Xenoblade is ho-hum until you get out onto Bionis Knee. Perseverance pays off in a big way.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Game I stopped playing: Deponia

Why I was excited for it: It seemed really quirky and clever and I read some good things about it in reviews.

Why I stopped playing it: It gets damned hard in a way that's very time consuming. Sometimes you have to check ALL the areas of the map to see if something has changed. That can take awhile, so it can get kind of boring.

Likelihood of returning to it: High. I'll probably work on it now and then, maybe look at a walk-through if I get really, really stuck. I like the game other than how tedious it can get.

----------------------

Game I stopped playing: BioShock 2

Why I was excited for it: It's BioShock!

Why I stopped playing it: It just seemed kind of pointless, like a sequel for the sake of a sequel. I couldn't get into it at all. Maybe I just didn't get far enough.

Likelihood of returning to it: Low. It just didn't impress me all that much.

I agree about Bioshock 2. Got it for plus and am not impressed. Dishonored has got me too hooked.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

morenoingrato said:
Mr Khan said:

I was up in the sky, Mallow's home. I forget what its name was, but Dodo sounds right

I don't know if you ever plan on returning, but if you do, just swap Mallow out of your party and make it a Geno-Peach party, the bird will always pick Geno, therefore you can give him a defense heavy armor and with his naturally strong attack the fight will be much easier.

It is definitely Dodo.  Even with Mallow it was not that difficult.  You just need to deal a few hundred damage and he runs away.  Then Mallow returns to your party.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Resident Evil 6 (and the RE series in general)
why i was excited for it: because RE4 was one of my favorite games of all time
why i stoped playing it: BECAUSE ITS FUCKING SHIT

Game I stopped playing: All of them.

Why I was excited for it: I used to like games.

Why I stopped playing it: I just can't bring myself to play them anymore.  I feel like I'm wasting my time when I play a game now.

Likelihood of returning to it: Probably at some point, GTAV might pull me out of the rut.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Game I stopped playing: League of Legends

Why I was excited for it: I have been playing it for a while now.  It is a fun time with friends.

Why I stopped playing it: They started Season 3.  I dislike just about every change they made.  The shop got some nice new features, but it is laggy now.  Champs I like getting nerfed left and right.  Items I like getting nerfed or just removed from the game.  I can't think of a single change I actually like.

Likelihood of returning to it: Medium.  The game gets patched all the time so maybe they will fix everything they decided to screw up.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Game I stopped playing: skyrim

Reason for stopping: playstation 3

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Game I stopped playing: skyrim

Reason for stopping: playstation 3