By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Ocarina of Time not in your top 5 games list?- Smeags top 250 thread proves it is in your collective top 5!

Mazty said:

But saying if it was made with this gens graphics etc is not OoT....
Music is timeless; games are not. OoT by today's standards is small with shit graphics and basic gameplay. It's like a lightbulb compared to LED lighting is archaic. Nevertheless both helped pave the way for much greater things and therefore shouldn't be condemed just because someone can't appreciate it with hindsight. 

I think he means in terms of influence, MJ practically left a stamp on the industry for others to build on, that's what he's probably trying to say.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Mazty said:

Music is timeless; games are not. OoT by today's standards is small with shit graphics and basic gameplay. It's like a lightbulb compared to LED lighting is archaic. Nevertheless both helped pave the way for much greater things and therefore shouldn't be condemed just because someone can't appreciate it with hindsight. 

I think he means in terms of influence, MJ practically left a stamp on the industry for others to build on, that's what he's probably trying to say.

But I still listen to MJ =(

If he means influence then yeah, OoT is certainly one of the most influential, up there with GTA3 and Halo: CE. 
...To be honest, those 3 games pretty much are the founders of most of the games today...

Wyrdness said:
Mazty said:

yes thanks.

so mazty when you say by today standards then you also say every game in that and previouse gens are shit right ? not exactly shit but you know mediocre something like that..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Ocarina of Time dungeons are still the best (3D Zelda only, obviously)

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

yes they are and in a way the biggest dungeons/temples

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

2D > 3D Zeldas IMO and not even a 2D Zelda would make it in my top 100.

OoT is a good game, but I wouldn't call it great.

this gen games not one game would make it in my 200 top of all time :S

something like this IMO is stupid to say no offense...i just do not think that anyone knows their top 10 games of all time and people are mentioning even larger numbers. taste changes so is everything else .people dont even know what it was they were eating 2 days ago.

Tsubasa Ozora

kljesta64 said:
this gen games not one game would make it in my 200 top of all time :S

something like this IMO is stupid to say no offense...i just do not think that anyone knows their top 10 games of all time and people are mentioning even larger numbers. taste changes so is everything else .people dont even know what it was they were eating 2 days ago.

I had cheeseburgers two days ago. Come now, stop getting offended because people don't share your view on the game. That's what the thread is about. Not everyone holds Ocarina of Time on a pedestal.

haha no im not offendend im just trying to make a point. seems like im getting nowhere so i will stop.

Tsubasa Ozora

Oot was the best game available when it was released, of course its just a matter of tastes
i for example like Oot much more than i like Assasins creed 3
And i think its a better game in every way