By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Ocarina of Time not in your top 5 games list?- Smeags top 250 thread proves it is in your collective top 5!

I think that ocarina of time started most of the cliche's. Other games copied the temple inside a fishand other games copied the changing water leves in their levels.

Ocarina of time was super innovative and its been coppied a ton.

Around the Network

Because there are 10 games I like better then Oot, including Windwaker and Okami.
11th on an all time top 50 spanning 30 years is pretty good anyway.

OOT was the best of it's generation but imo the console Zelda games after it are better, it had the added impact of the time it was release as the state of 3d gaming back then was wayward you can take any console Zelda after it and release it back then you'd still get game of the generation ratings. As an influence Zelda is only beaten by a few games but as a game in a straight up comparison it's a good solid game by today's standards but not better then everything released like back in the 5th gen, the industry has actually built on what it brought.

Too boring for me. Too much hype for the game IMO. For me it kind of got to the point where people liked it just because everyone else liked it and it became the "cool" gamers thing. Feel the same way about ico/sotc.

OOT was and is a game changer today..,most people dislike it beacuse they they didnt understand it and because they think its overrated or something else...and the problem is the new zelda games wanted to be just like OOT so people played first WW,MM,TP, and SS and thought this game is like better it has better play mechanics,story,dungeons and better worlds etc...but it simply has not...so what is a game changer ?

very simple its something no other game has done before and its called The Legend Of Zelda : Ocarina Of Time.

E.O.D.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I have to admit that I actually haven't played that many Zelda games. I have only played Zelda: Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Four Swords, The Minish Cap, and a little bit of A Link to the Past.

Sure it has aged a bit by now but don't forget that every third person action/adventure game you play nowadays has got its fundaments from OOT. The lock-on system was such a huge gamechanger, there are very few games out there which had such an enormous influence on future game development as OOT had.

I don't know about anyone else, but OoT is my personal favorite Zelda game.

Like someone else said, it's in my top 10!
I honestly do love the game, but I've always leaned more towards jrpg's and platformers as a genre, so they ended up dominating my top 5. Still, to date it's my favorite Zelda, and even now, years later, I have a blast every time I play it on the 3DS.

Hmm

It is my favorite zelda game. However it is not one of those games that I want to play every year, like my top 5.