By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Ocarina of Time not in your top 5 games list?- Smeags top 250 thread proves it is in your collective top 5!

Look it's a great game but to me Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and A Link to the Past are just more fun and better games is all.

Around the Network

While I definitely respect it, and like it quite a bit, it's not in my top 5. It wasn't my first Zelda so I don't have a ton of Nostalgia for it, which I think is part of the reason this game has such a huge reputation. I played Wind Waker first, and then OOT, and Wind Waker just impressed me more in every way. Bigger, better combat, better dungeons, butter visuals, better music, etc. Wind Waker is to me as OOT is to most people.

I can definitely respect it though. Looking at it in comparison to other games of the time, it's clearly special.

Not a Zelda fan.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I probably enjoy the original Zelda the best, and a link to the past was also excellent. But OoT is an amazing achievent and possibly a tie with the original for me among my favorite games ever. Graphics, sound, story and gameplay are nothing short of revolutinary. For pure gameplay I prefer 2D and the complete control it gives you, but for presentation nothing beats OoT.

Oot is my favorite game of all time, with Chrono Trigger a close second.

Great music, world, dungeons, characters, storyline, graphics (for the time).

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network

It's too cliche.

I tried playing it on 3DS and thought it was very ordinary. Whether it was controls or just a game that hasn't aged well i don't know. I was really excited to finally get a chance to play it but ended up disappointed with the whole thing i certainly can't understand why it's so many people's all time fave . My 13 year old son loved it so maybe i'm just old.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

It used to be in my top 5 all time back during the N64 days, but now it's in the top 10.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

because I didn't play it at the time and the combat and controls haven't aged well for someone with no nostalgia glasses. The world is still very immersive and the story still feels epic which is a grand achievement considering I played on PS3 before I played it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

i played the 3ds remake. That was the first time i have played ocarina of time and i thought it was incredible!!!!!
I give it a 10/10
I loved the dungeons they were original (something newer games are lacking imo)
The boss fights are soooooo much fun and the combat is satisfying and fun!
Its not the best zelda game imo but its up their.