By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 outsells Wii in U.S.? What the ...

Are you really so easily swayed that you genuinely think the Wii is suddenly DYING??!??! They're obviously allocating shipments somewhere else for a big release, probably Smash Bros for Japan.

STOP BEING A TOOL 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
NJ5 said:
Final-Fan said:
By popular request!

WHY DOESN'T NINTENDO PRESS THE BUTTON?

I remember drawing that in Paint :D How did it end up in the vgchartz.com domain?

I liked it a lot, and when I wanted to re-use it a while back I had a hell of a time finding your original post, so when I finally did I put it in my photo album. I hope you don't mind?

Of course I don't mind ;) I was just curious about who had copied it :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Final-Fan said:
Right now I cannot see a week where there isn't at least a hundred thousand Wii consoles on the market. The console isn't completely sold out, and if the demand was there people would have snatched every last one up.

Casual consumers don't go hunting as much as they seize the opportunity. They are not put down by deferring a purchase another week, or even another month. There is this perception that the only thing stopping Nintendo from selling half a million units every week is the fact that they do not have them on the shelves. I seriously doubt any console will sell over a hundred thousand a week in North America for a couple more months.

So, you seem to be saying that:
1. The Wii isn't "sold out" because if it was there would not be any places with stock, but there are some areas that have stock.
2. Casual gamers are the Wii's main customer.
3. Casual gamers will not go out of their way to seek out an item but will snatch it up if they see it.

It seems to me that point 1 is in complete contradiction with points 2 and 3 together.

Even if I am mistaken (and please do explain how I am in that case), based on your points above I would have to logically conclude that there IS in fact a Wii shortage, at least as far as the Wii's main audience is concerned.

He's right that Wii isn't sold out, since if you comb the country you could probably find a few thousand, thing is it is in shortage, since it is not in stock in a majority of areas, so wile if you took the time to cover the entire country you could find one, but most people won't drive from New York to Oklahoma looking for one

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

elendar said:
Always nintendo at fault for the 360s sales. It couldn't be that people went out and wanted to buy 360s?? The fact that nintendo is having supply problems does not automaticly mean people will buy an alternative.

Give credit where credit is due. Good Job MS!

No, no. You see, on Vgchartz no one wants a 360 or a PS3. PS3's are bought for BluRay only and 360's just for seeing how many you can fry within a given period of time. We all know by now that the Wii is selling well, but people should stop acting as if the 360 and the PS3 is just shaite that should never had hit the market, it's really every bit as childish as calling the Wii a fad, if not more.

Mummelmann said:
elendar said:
Always nintendo at fault for the 360s sales. It couldn't be that people went out and wanted to buy 360s?? The fact that nintendo is having supply problems does not automaticly mean people will buy an alternative.

Give credit where credit is due. Good Job MS!

No, no. You see, on Vgchartz no one wants a 360 or a PS3. PS3's are bought for BluRay only and 360's just for seeing how many you can fry within a given period of time. We all know by now that the Wii is selling well, but people should stop acting as if the 360 and the PS3 is just shaite that should never had hit the market, it's really every bit as childish as calling the Wii a fad, if not more.

Hey Mummelman...this is a sales site, isn't it?  Stop crying about whatever Wii bias you think this site has.  The question is simple....why did the 360 beat the Wii this week.  The logical answer at this point is a lack of supply, since that has been the case, certainly with NA numbers, since the Wii launched.  Of course there could be other reasons, as Dodece much more articulately and less snidely put it about ten posts up.

As far as people wanting a 360 or a PS3...For me my stance is this: I will wait for a 360 when the price is low enough/I know it won't crap out.  As far as a PS3 is concerned....I will wait for a lower price and for there to be some games that I want to play.  

Around the Network

@ Avinash_Tyagi: That's exactly my point, and he says so himself.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

CAN"T U ALL GET THE POINT THAT THE WII IS OOS???? IT ISN'T A LACK OF DEMAND!!!!! IF THERE WERE ENOUGH SUPPLY, THEN OVER 2-3MILLION WIIS WOULD BE SOLD EVERY WEEK OF NOT MORE.

Obviously there are no Wiis on the shelves cause nobody one anymore. Wii fad is OVER! (sarcasm)

I definitely know that the wii is supply constrained...

but when is nintendo going to increase supply?

I know that for christmas they had to use some of the january consoles... but I'm wondering when they'll be able to supply a reasonable amount of consoles.

when do you think they'll be able to supply like 150,000 or so wiis per week in the US?

Takes 5-6 months to change levels

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)