By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 outsells Wii in U.S.? What the ...

BTW

@ Dodece...pretty interesting that your entire argument is based upon the fact that the Wii is a casual console. How many hardcore gamers on this site have Wiis...and there are even some 360/ps3 hardcores that have crossed over lately as well. If you're going to play Wii Bingo you have to play on more than just one square.

Around the Network
W29 said:
I can't wait till this supply constraint excuse is over.

Yeah, i want to see that too. =))

That probably will happen, when/if Wii will sell less then 200k WW. Because Wii usually do around 200-250k. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

By popular request! 

WHY DOESN'T NINTENDO PRESS THE BUTTON?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

just comparing NA to others and Japan makes it pretty clear that the supply in NA is limited, others outselling NA 2 to 1 (and Japan outselling around 1.5 to 1) isn't likely without supply constraints

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Final-Fan said:
By popular request! 

They did, they airshipped last month ,which is why they have very little this month

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

It is a bit troubling... but don't worry, Wii sales should stay up for good around the end of next month.. unless they delay brawl again.

Final-Fan said:
By popular request!

I remember drawing that in Paint :D How did it end up in the vgchartz.com domain?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

wii is still sold out in most places even tho i find it crazy that the 360 sold more then it. i still do not think wii will have 50% market share like the ps2 had in fact it will be very close once the 360 and of course the ps3 drop. i think this will be the first gen where 1st and second are gonna be very close later in the console life.

Right now I cannot see a week where there isn't at least a hundred thousand Wii consoles on the market. The console isn't completely sold out, and if the demand was there people would have snatched every last one up.

Casual consumers don't go hunting as much as they seize the opportunity. They are not put down by deferring a purchase another week, or even another month. There is this perception that the only thing stopping Nintendo from selling half a million units every week is the fact that they do not have them on the shelves. I seriously doubt any console will sell over a hundred thousand a week in North America for a couple more months.

So, you seem to be saying that:
1. The Wii isn't "sold out" because if it was there would not be any places with stock, but there are some areas that have stock.
2. Casual gamers are the Wii's main customer.
3. Casual gamers will not go out of their way to seek out an item but will snatch it up if they see it.

It seems to me that point 1 is in complete contradiction with points 2 and 3 together.

Even if I am mistaken (and please do explain how I am in that case), based on your points above I would have to logically conclude that there IS in fact a Wii shortage, at least as far as the Wii's main audience is concerned.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

NJ5 said:
Final-Fan said:
By popular request!

I remember drawing that in Paint :D How did it end up in the vgchartz.com domain?

I liked it a lot, and when I wanted to re-use it a while back I had a hell of a time finding your original post, so when I finally did I put it in my photo album. I hope you don't mind?