By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "An Unbiased Review" ZombiU [Tbone51]

This game has atmosphere and a real sense of fear and panic. It is a very high quality launch title (deffo not a red steel) people hating on it must be finding it too hard,perhaps they should go and play COD of Fifa. ZombiU....too hardcore for the hardcore.

Around the Network

The graphics are almost PS2 levels (hardly exaggerating). Some of the textures are worse. The physics in the game, just don't exist. Bad AI, and all. Zombies get into areas that are closed or blocked off just to throw something at you. The animations are terrible, and there are just a few. You pretty much use the melee the entire time.

And then... The story is absolutely crap! It's as gripping as a guy without hands. I can't for the life of me figure out what you guys find even acceptable in quality in this game. Just a bad game meant as a money grab for the "sucker" early adopters.

AND THEN... It isn't even scary! Defeats the point of the game... Ahhh...

You either love or hate this game I guess. I thought it was brilliant. The lack of ammo at times made it scary as you knew that if you come accross a horde of Zombies youre dead. I felt sad when characters I kept alive for ages died.. Admitadly the story isnt fantastic but I can overlook that. Oh and its a cricket bat not a paddle stick lol.

I agree with the graphics being outdated, but the lighting is truly superior I've seen this generation and it really adds something to the atmosphere of the game.

Pesmerga7551 said:

The graphics are almost PS2 levels (hardly exaggerating). Some of the textures are worse. The physics in the game, just don't exist. Bad AI, and all. Zombies get into areas that are closed or blocked off just to throw something at you. The animations are terrible, and there are just a few. You pretty much use the melee the entire time.

And then... The story is absolutely crap! It's as gripping as a guy without hands. I can't for the life of me figure out what you guys find even acceptable in quality in this game. Just a bad game meant as a money grab for the "sucker" early adopters.

AND THEN... It isn't even scary! Defeats the point of the game... Ahhh...

Bolded: what? Go, play the PS2 for the first time in your life and say that again.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Pesmerga7551 said:
This game is a giant pile of poo. I was excited for it, but man. What a let down. It is so raw, and just seems hurried from start to finish. I don't get how anyone can enjoy the game. This reminds me of that mess that is War Z. Two zombie things that I wish I can get my money back from. Least with War Z, it's only $15. I mean these are just horrible games. As for ZombiU, that is the worst offender. Ubisoft just wanted to capitalize on the initial market, and they did so. But they took the consumers for a buncha tools and sold us garbage. I honestly feel like they ripped us off. This game alone killed the WiiU for me. Now I just see the console as an inferior box because even the exclusives seem like shovelware.

I don't even think I am being unfair.

As for zombie games. Only good one I've played is from Tell Tale, the Walking Dead game. Masterpiece, and my vote for GOTY. I love zombies, and the whole end of days theme, but ZombiU crushed me.

it crushed you becouse you didn't play it well enough :P (= get on your feet and try it again.. you know.. like the good NES-hard games)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

The lighting tries to hide it, and does it quite good usually because the technique seems quite advanced, but the graphics indeed are quite a letdown. I get that this game was made with little budget and that it was experimental, but come on, a little higher resolution textures wouldn't have hurt.
That said, it does succeed in creating a haunting atmosphere, it's a genuinely scary game sometimes. The survival aspect is a good find and it uses the GamePad quite well. ZombiU's not some brilliant game, but it's entertaining nonetheless. I hope they'll go all out with a sequel.
I do have to say that the multiplayer had surprised me in a positive way, even though there's only one mode (in two styles). Played it on christmas-day with my cousin, and we were busy for a few hours. Too bad it's not online.

EDIT: By the way, when did these 'Unbiased Reviews' became fashionable all of a sudden?

RedInker said:
You either love or hate this game I guess. I thought it was brilliant. The lack of ammo at times made it scary as you knew that if you come accross a horde of Zombies youre dead. I felt sad when characters I kept alive for ages died.. Admitadly the story isnt fantastic but I can overlook that. Oh and its a cricket bat not a paddle stick lol.

lol my bad.... "Facepalm"

Great game, it does a good job of keeping the tension high at all times, feels like real survival horror similar to the first Resident Evil. I've died several times already. I like how often times there's an easier way to defeat multiple zombies if you can find the right shortcut/path/area to fight them from and use the things like flares/mines/exploding gas cans to your advantage.

Scary atmosphere and lack of ammo keeps you on your toes constantly, I hope they make a sequel!

pezus said:
Pesmerga7551 said:
This game is a giant pile of poo. I was excited for it, but man. What a let down. It is so raw, and just seems hurried from start to finish. I don't get how anyone can enjoy the game. This reminds me of that mess that is War Z. Two zombie things that I wish I can get my money back from. Least with War Z, it's only $15. I mean these are just horrible games. As for ZombiU, that is the worst offender. Ubisoft just wanted to capitalize on the initial market, and they did so. But they took the consumers for a buncha tools and sold us garbage. I honestly feel like they ripped us off. This game alone killed the WiiU for me. Now I just see the console as an inferior box because even the exclusives seem like shovelware.

I don't even think I am being unfair.

As for zombie games. Only good one I've played is from Tell Tale, the Walking Dead game. Masterpiece, and my vote for GOTY. I love zombies, and the whole end of days theme, but ZombiU crushed me.

L4D1 and 2 are awesome. So is DayZ

Agreed.  L4D1&2, DayZ, ZombiU, and Last of Us looks good too.  Although it technically isn't zombies.  Also Call of Duty zombies arent bad either, just a little shallow