By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Near-finished PS Orbis concept (High quality renders)

Which one do you prefer?

New 48 75.00%

Old 16 25.00%

Total:64
Andrespetmonkey said:
platformmaster918 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
teigaga said:
Looks great, but I think consoles will continue to go in the direction of sleek/ simplified design. This is like a gaming PC

Even the 2 new ones?

The first one definitely does, and in hindsight is pretty ugly lol

So do you think Sony will have that dongle for PS3 BC on a regular USB?  I heard of it in one of the rumors and was wondering if it would have its own slot.

I don't know. I think if there's going to be BC that's how. Not sure if it'd be USB or have its own slot. I also missed out the mystery vita port on the newer designs (connectivity with orbis)

I agree they won't build it in unless they have some model with BC for $50 more or something.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

this one looks better.

the design looks pretty bad... just saying. i just hope this isn't the real design sony is going for.

Siko1989 said:

the design looks pretty bad... just saying. i just hope this isn't the real design sony is going for.

Sorry to break it to you... Kaz Hirai personally called me up and asked if he could use it!

ps3 phat looks more appealing.

Around the Network

bump for HQ renders

Ok it's not that bad, but it could definitely use some lighting effects, i.e. moar shinies plz

miz1q2w3e said:
Ok it's not that bad, but it could definitely use some lighting effects, i.e. moar shinies plz

Aight. I can add lighting effects, and I will try and figure out how to make the darker shade chrome later. And add all of the smaller details I've missed out...

Only problem I see with it is that it does not neatly and efficiently provide for case modification. IMO, it is important to have customization.
I would suggest 4 push pins (steel) on the corners of the flat-top, with a very thin frosted plexiglass, and no design on the case itself.

EDIT: Also, I think the height between the console (power button panel), and the flat-top is too great. I think it should come down between half an inch and a full inch. Also, in the same vein, the sloping part of the flat top leading to the usbs is too bulbous and uninspired.

pezus said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
pezus said:
It doesn't look very stable if placed vertically

It would need a stand to be placed vertically

You're tearing me apart, Andre!

Edit: What about now?

no stand needed now.