By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Near-finished PS Orbis concept (High quality renders)

Which one do you prefer?

New 48 75.00%

Old 16 25.00%

Total:64

Not bad. It would be even better if the PS symbol can swivel so it can be right side up when laying flat. I also like the diagonal drive model someone posted. That would be a nice design, too.

Around the Network

It kinda looks like an xbox tbh :/

S.Peelman said:
Ugh.

No offense, but I'm glad none of you are product designers . Both the concepts posted are... mediocre. OP's one looks like a PC and the other one posted looks extremely inconvenient to use (diagonal disc drive?).

But please, blow me away with that sneak peek of the next design !

It's done! Pics in OP. Hope you like it.

ghost_of_fazz said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
ghost_of_fazz said:
It's a slim PC.. And why Sketchup? Why not Solidworks?

I'm familiar with sketchup and it's simple. How long does it take to get familiar with solidworks?

Like minutes. You could pull out what you designed, without knowing the program, in around 5 minutes. It's a great software, you should give it a try if you're into design.

I'll be sincere, not trying to offend your work or anything, but it's very boxy, big, fat, and not very aesthetic...  that means it's a very Sony-ish design, in line with the Playstation 2, quite realistic.

Tried to avoid this with the new one. What do you think of that one?

I like the new design even better. Though, I would put a fourth USB port on there. It just looks better than just the 3.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Will it not be shiny??

In the new design the darker shade would be chrome and the lighter shade matte. At least that's how I picture it. 

Looks cool. But would prefer Blue LED's lighting up the logo.

If sony actually names the PS4 Orbis it will be their biggest mistake yet. That is a great way of losing your identity

pezus said:
It doesn't look very stable if placed vertically

It would need a stand to be placed vertically

it's a bit too square for my liking, but still a decent mockup

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018