By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Near-finished PS Orbis concept (High quality renders)

Which one do you prefer?

New 48 75.00%

Old 16 25.00%

Total:64

Installed a plugin that made sketchup models look less shitty, so here's the "HQ" finished design (aside from a couple ports and an "Orbis" or "PS4" logo):

Vertical:

Around the Network

Oh look, a gaming PC^^

EDIT: Really nice work^^

KHlover said:

Oh look, a gaming PC^^

lol yeah... I guess it does kinda look like a PC. Scale wise it's similar to PS3 fat, so in person I think it'd look more like a console. And thanks!

It's a slim PC.. And why Sketchup? Why not Solidworks?

Andrespetmonkey said:
KHlover said:

Oh look, a gaming PC^^

lol yeah... I guess it does kinda look like a PC. Scale wise it's similar to PS3 fat, so in person I think it'd look more like a console. And thanks!

I don't know how flexible your program is, but a model of a PS3 next to it could really prevent irritations.

Around the Network
ghost_of_fazz said:

I'm familiar with sketchup and it's simple. How long does it take to get familiar with solidworks?

what a horrible thing.!!! so sorry for Sony

Andrespetmonkey said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

I'm familiar with sketchup and it's simple. How long does it take to get familiar with solidworks?

Like minutes. You could pull out what you designed, without knowing the program, in around 5 minutes. It's a great software, you should give it a try if you're into design.

I'll be sincere, not trying to offend your work or anything, but it's very boxy, big, fat, and not very aesthetic...  that means it's a very Sony-ish design, in line with the Playstation 2, quite realistic.

KHlover said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
KHlover said:

Oh look, a gaming PC^^

I don't know how flexible your program is, but a model of a PS3 next to it could really prevent irritations.

added to op :)

I liked it. But I still prefer an old design: