By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Near-finished PS Orbis concept (High quality renders)

Which one do you prefer?

New 48 75.00%

Old 16 25.00%

Total:64
Andrespetmonkey said:
S.Peelman said:
Ugh.

No offense, but I'm glad none of you are product designers . Both the concepts posted are... mediocre. OP's one looks like a PC and the other one posted looks extremely inconvenient to use (diagonal disc drive?).

But please, blow me away with that sneak peek of the next design !

It's done! Pics in OP. Hope you like it.

Yes! That's much better.

Now it looks like a console. I like the matte finish/shiny circle on the top. Maybe something can still be done about the sharp edges, or maybe not, I don't know. I also agree with thismeintiel that four (or two) USB ports would look better; three creates symmetry and 'a middle'. Especially that last thing, the 'middle', usually makes something less visually pleasing, so to say. That's why the circle on the top and the PS logo works; if it were a symmetrically placed circle it would be much less interesting. Still, one could still play around with these shapes.

Anyway, something good can be made from this concept !

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
ghost_of_fazz said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
ghost_of_fazz said:
It's a slim PC.. And why Sketchup? Why not Solidworks?

I'm familiar with sketchup and it's simple. How long does it take to get familiar with solidworks?

Like minutes. You could pull out what you designed, without knowing the program, in around 5 minutes. It's a great software, you should give it a try if you're into design.

I'll be sincere, not trying to offend your work or anything, but it's very boxy, big, fat, and not very aesthetic...  that means it's a very Sony-ish design, in line with the Playstation 2, quite realistic.

Tried to avoid this with the new one. What do you think of that one?

Now that looks like a console that was designed with thermal efficiency in mind, much better.

New one is much better! That design on top of the console looks like an "O" to me, you designed that thinking it would be called Orbis right?

VGKing said:
New one is much better! That design on top of the console looks like an "O" to me, you designed that thinking it would be called Orbis right?

Yep. I don't think it will be called Orbis, but I just like the name.

Your design is bad and you should feel bad.

Around the Network

It looks ok.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
well i kind like the design you made, what program did you use to make it?

Read the op GOD!

(It's "Sketchup" ...GET IT?)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

google sketchup :)

new new design in op

Andrespetmonkey said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

new new design in op

MuAHAHA

APM: -1 ,Miz: a billion

miz1q2w3e said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

new new design in op

MuAHAHA

APM: -1 ,Miz: a billion

qhat