By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many hours should a single player game today be to warrant a sixty dollar purchase?

How many hours should a single player game today be to warrant a sixty dollar purchase?

5 hrs 13 3.49%

6-8 hrs 16 4.29%

10-12 hrs 75 20.11%

15-20 hrs 119 31.90%

21+ hrs 117 31.37%

Who cares? If the game i... 33 8.85%

Depends on the DLC and ho... 0 0%

I don't play single player games....sorry. 0 0%

Total:373

15-20h!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

10-12 hours is fine for a single player game as long as there is some replay value (branching paths, open world with lots of side quests etc.).

Otherwise, 16-20 hours is about right for a single playthrough only sort of game.

I'm not buying games @ 60 bucks period, no matter the content.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

at least 40 hours

It should be 20hrs+, I'm fine with 3€/h, that's comparable to visiting the cinema.

Around the Network

30. 2 bucks an hour.

4 ≈ One

Always depends on the game

8 hours with 110% Action/Story/Entertainment like in God of War/Uncharted and stuff or 15 hours complete boredom?
I take the 8 hours and support great developers.

It depends if it's an intense linear game like Uncharted or God of War (then 10-12 hours are ok if the game's good) or if it's less intense but larger like Far Cry, Saints Row or Borderlands (20+ is a must). In fact, Borderlands 2 was too long for me to do all the side missions.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Well it depends on the quality of the game. Which is why I always buy God of War games within their first week, becuz even though they are short, they give me an unparalleled out-of-this-world experience. Which is why I am even more excited for Ascension next year, becuz it has amazing multiplayer (I saw it on IGN).
But if the experience is short AND low-quality, then its definitely not worth my bucks.

I only pay full price for like 2 games a year. the rest i buy on sale.