By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA 4: XBox 360 exclusive content vs PS3 past fanbase

The 'exclusive content' is only because they couldnt fit it all on a DVD disc so on the PS3 version its already on the disc

Platinums/100% Completion: Super Stardust HD, Linger In Shadows, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Burnout Paradise, Shaun White Snowboarding, Tomb Raider: Underworld, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator: Salvation, Assassin's Creed II, WipEout HD, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God Of War, God of War II, God of War III, inFamous.

Working on: GTA IV - 87%, Batman: Arkham Asylum - 80%.

Around the Network
Fireburden5 said:
The 'exclusive content' is only because they couldnt fit it all on a DVD disc so on the PS3 version its already on the disc

T'would be nice if true :P But alas this is not the case. Microsoft paid some obscene amount of money for exclusive content (50 mil), why they'd pay that much for additional chapters is beyond me considering the majority of people who play the game don't play story :/ but hey! If it helps them out more power to them :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Fireburden5 said:

you should know that we don't allow lying on these boards

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Dodece said:
The game will also sell more 360 consoles most likely securing a permanent lead.

You think in 2013, there will be more 360’s then PS3’s? And you think that if that does happen, it’s all because of a multi platform game? Wow.

MrMafoo said:
Dodece said:
The game will also sell more 360 consoles most likely securing a permanent lead.

You think in 2013, there will be more 360’s then PS3’s? And you think that if that does happen, it’s all because of a multi platform game? Wow.

No I think is 2013 we will be looking at another generation in the console wars. We will be talking about the Playstation 4, Xbox 720, and the Nintendo game sphere. With the previous generations consoles sales winding down. Especially the PS3 which never caught on like the Wii, or had the kind of dedicated user base that the 360 netted Microsoft. Answering your question yeah I think it will secure the 360 a permanent lead thanks primarily due to the pricing. I suppose you have forgotten last year already. The high price of the PS3 devastated the consoles sales in comparison to its rivals. The lesson you should have learned was the price matters. Hell it matters a lot to the consumer. That being said many in the community believe that this as main stream as any title this generation is going to get. Now if there is a game thats going to draw the last generation players into the new generation obviously kicking and screaming it will be this title. That said place yourself in their shoes you really want to play this game its one of your all time favorite series, and you have spent hundreds of hours screwing around in the previous incarnations. You have a choice to make which console will you buy. The more expensive console or the less expensive console. Most consumers will defer to the less expensive product. Further more the 360 has had so much positive hype while the PS3 has not thanks to the insane pricing strategy. Which would you rather spend $350 for a Xbox core with game, or would you rather spend $480 for a 40gb PS3 with game. Thats factoring in sales tax, and ignoring the real possibility that Microsoft will reduce the MSRP again. Personally I am betting that Microsoft will have the entry down to three hundred dollars by the supposed launch date at the end of April. More people can buy the cheaper alternative rather then the more expensive one. That is in my estimate the only real factor in this debate the price. More people can afford the 360 then the PS3, and that seems to be where it will be at for the foreseeable future. Microsoft will get to the party months or years before Sony can, and what effect will that have. I know some members have a lot of disposable income, but the huge majority of consumers do not, and they can afford to spend only so much on a gaming hobby. That is why PS2s are still selling so well. Consumers can afford them, and they are good enough for their needs.

Around the Network

@Dodece,

Through the negative hype, Sony has tracked the PS2 sales, and outsold the 360 from launch.

Sony is now outselling the 360 in total sales (although this week it seems they will sell the same, with the PS3 slightly ahead).

Sony has a much stronger exclusive game lineup then the 360 over the next 15 months.

Sony’s cost have done down faster than MS’s costs.

The delta, in cost, of the consoles (excluding the arcade, because well, everyone else does), is $50.

Sony’s console will play future HD movie content, and is the best Blu-Ray player on the market; the 360 can’t (unless they make a Blu-Ray player for it).

Those are all facts.

Everything you stated is opinion. Forget my opinion, my facts outweigh your opinions. You sir, have a very biased view of the world. I am not sure what it is, but Sony did something very bad to you.

THIS very depends ON what those GTA fans play, only GTA games or also other games. Because IF other games, they will go for Playstation of`course.
IF they are only GTA fans, they might go for x360 because of content. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
THIS very depends ON what those GTA fans play, only GTA games or also other games. Because IF other games, they will go for Playstation of`course.
IF they are only GTA fans, they might go for x360 because of content. =)

It's not as if the 360 doesn't have a handful of critically acclaimed games already out for it. Everyone will look in awe at the potential PS3 library and ignore the already established 360 library.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@rocketpig,

He is right no consumer would look at what other games he can play the day he purchases a console. They only look at the games coming 6-12 months later.

Libraries sell systems not individual games

@MrMafoo

First I would like to say fifteen months is overly optimistic. The next few months probably. The next six months possibly. Thats about as far as the crystal ball goes. I know mired in your fanaticism you might have missed it, but both Nintendo and Microsoft are being tight lipped about their lineups. Well tight lips can hide sharp teeth. I would wait till they say what their plans for this year are before jumping to conclusions.

Second your serious about the cost cutting aren't you. I mean you sincerely believe that. Microsoft has been in the development cycle a full year longer then Sony. The software sales have been superb, and Sony was running at a massive deficit out of the gates. Even six months after launch their production was suffering shortfalls and delays. I can provide reference articles if you like. Compound that with the fact that Sony has had to compound those losses with price cuts. Long story short Sony isn't making a profit on their machine. Microsoft probably is making a profit on theirs.

Third your ignorance is astounding you never had to buy a player for the 360 to watch high definition movies in the first place. You can download high definition movies off of Microsoft's marketplace. That said most consumers do not possess high definition televisions, or necessarily have a desire to use a high definition player.

Fourth nope you don't get the option to ignore the arcade. Unless your willing to argue with the hundreds of Wii owners on this site that their console is beneath contempt. A hard drive is not a required component of a console. Any more then say backwards compatibility. Sorry buddy but yeah some people did actually buy the arcade, and gasp more probably will.

Fifth you didn't state any facts just propaganda, and it wasn't all that convincing. Your the kind of ripe mind that terrifies me. With a few doses of cough syrup and a hot light I bet I could convince you I was the reincarnation of Abraham Lincoln. Just out of curiosity who told you these things?