By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA 4: XBox 360 exclusive content vs PS3 past fanbase

GTA really isn't a system seller to begin with. The two previous iterations were released on a system that was already selling extremely well without it(PS2).

DLC also isn't going to matter to anyone except hardcore gamers who already have 360's.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network
Dodece said:
@MrMafoo

You sir are a filthy liar. You should be ashamed of yourself, and your family should be ashamed of you. Sony has never stated the production costs of any model of the PS3 at any time. No console manufacturer has done so, and they most likely never will. You just pulled numbers out of your ass, and pretended they were real. Your supposed sources are just fellow human being making educated guesses. They are not privy to confidential communications.

I think you owe this entire community an apology for that stunt. You disrespected everyone that read that response by thinking they were idiotic enough to believe it. Defend your position with facts, or state your opinion for the sake of decency don't conjure up bold faced lies.

Your not worth further consideration perhaps a moderator banning you. Why spend time talking to a bullshit artist.

Your an idiot. I said the costs are cut in half, and you call me a lier. I guess Business Week and IGN is my "ass" that I pulled these numbers out of.

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/jan2008/gb2008018_681920.htm?chan=search

"zawa applauds Sony's efforts to shrink the PS3's chips and tweak its design. Already such changes have cut the cost per machine to around $400 now, from above $800 just before it went on sale in November, 2006, he says."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/845/845541p1.html

"Sony has managed to bring production costs of the PS3 down to around $400, a near halving of the initial $800 it took to manufacture the machine upon its launch at the end of 2006."

You call me a lier because I say the PS3 is tracking the PS2 from launch, and has outsold the 360 from launch

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=70 

You have responded to my claims with nothing but insults, and absolutely no evidence that I am incorrect. It's the "yea, well... my dad can beat up your dad" approch to arguing. Can't fight the facts, lets insult the person.

I used to do that when I was 12. What's your excuse? 

You still lose Mafoo, those are expert guesses on how much it costs. Sony hasn't officially told ANYONE the exact cost for making a single PS3 console!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Experts figure out the cost of consumer electronics all the time. It's nothing new. They know what is in the product, and they know what Sony pays for it with extremely high accuracy.

These businesses are in business to know this exact thing. It's what they do.

We knew what the Wii cost to make at launch, what the 360 cost...

Has the world lost the ability to reason just because they don't like the answer?