By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create

VGKing said:

You do realize that Monster Hunter was HUGE on the PSP right? They didn't/don't need Nintendo to handle the marketing..

Don't be so sure, so far 3DS and Wii U have only gotten ports of the Wii Monster Hunter....I would hardly call that a win for Nintendo. Monster Hunter 4 however is a win. Anyway, the only reason Vita is struggling is because the biggest IP on the PSP has yet to be confirmed to be coming to Vita. A simple Monster Hunter V(ita) announcement would increase Vita sales exponentially.

MH is like some miracle cure to you, it seems.

And I think one of the reasons they went with Nintendo over Sony lately is because Nintendo has been willing to handle publishing outside of Japan.  In essence, Nintendo is helping spread the brand to a wider, more global audience and this probably fits with Capcom's plan for the IP.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Monster Hunter. It is coming one day. 

If there was some kind of falling out between Sony/Capcom, I'm sure we would have heard something.

I'm betting an announcement next year with a release from Q4 '13 to Q2 '14.

I feel the need to ask...

I keep seeing people say that a Monster Hunter for Vita is coming. Over and over and in a dozen other threads now. Is there some proof of this? Something that's been released that actually says, "Yes, there IS a Monster Hunter for Vita coming!" or is the implication of it based off of conjecture? I don't ask to start anything or be mean, I'm honestly curious if this is just reality or people really, really hoping.

CChaos said:
VGKing said:

If there was some kind of falling out between Sony/Capcom, I'm sure we would have heard something.

I keep seeing people say that a Monster Hunter for Vita is coming. Over and over and in a dozen other threads now. Is there some proof of this? Something that's been released that actually says, "Yes, there IS a Monster Hunter for Vita coming!" or is the implication of it based off of conjecture? I don't ask to start anything or be mean, I'm honestly curious if this is just reality or people really, really hoping.

There isn't a single official confirmation that the PSV will get one, however the "Portable" series has the PlayStation brand all over it. I do wonder if they are discussing whether to launch the 4P on PSP or PSV.

benao87 said:

There isn't a single official confirmation that the PSV will get one, however the "Portable" series has the PlayStation brand all over it. I do wonder if they are discussing whether to launch the 4P on PSP or PSV.

Ah! Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation.

CChaos said:
VGKing said:

Wishful thinking

Around the Network
gigaSheik said:
CChaos said:
VGKing said:

Wishful thinking

More like common sense. Monster Hunter released in some form on every console and handheld last gen. It'll do the same this gen.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
gigaSheik said:
CChaos said:
VGKing said:

Wishful thinking

More like common sense. Monster Hunter released in some form on every console and handheld last gen. It'll do the same this gen.

DS?

Well, the 3DS is doing great, and the Wii U isn't down YoY...I wont talk about the rest for I was always told if you couldn't think of anything nice to say, say nothing at all...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Everyone still waiting on Monster Hunter Vita... this time last year they were saying the announcement was imminent... this time next year they will still be saying the announcement is imminent.

I reckon there's a decent chance PSV will get a MH title eventually, tbh I can't think of many Capcom games that have remained exclusive for anything. REmake and Resi Zero spring to mind, they're still exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

Either way Nintendo getting MH4 for 3DS is probably the smartest thing someone has done in Japan since Sony got FFVII for PlayStation.

Oh and to people saying the WiiU is selling poor becasue of it not keeping up with the Wii... what the hell were you expecting? The Wii was a phenomenon, next xbox in the US aside I can't see anything coming out the gates so impressively in the near future. Is the SNES a failure for not matching the NES sales?

With that being said I don't think the Japanese console market is big enough to save the WiiU's WW sales the same way it has done for the 3DS. I think Nintendo will be lucky to get 50% of the Wii sales for the WiiU in the west and a healthy 10m in Japan.

So about 20m NA + 15m EU + 10m Jap = 45m WW WiiUs when its all said and done. Would that be considered a failure?