By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who will be Playstation’s Mascot Next Gen?

Tagged games:

Sony's mascot will be

Kratos 41 20.30%

Sackboy 14 6.93%

Nathan Drake 46 22.77%

Mercedes SLS AMG 6 2.97%

Brand new character! 27 13.37%

Nobody 28 13.86%

Turkish 40 19.80%

Total:202

Turkish by a mile. His unconditional dedication to promote the Playstation brand almost reaches supernatural levels. Chances are he is a more effective system seller than any separate Playstation exclusive IP.

Seriously though, I don't think they need "one mascot to rule them all". Having a broad selection of minor mascots means that their supporters won't be labeled fans of a specific franchise, like how Nintendo fans are frequently associated with Mario despite some of them not even liking him or his games. Another example would be how Xbox users frequently are associated with shooters despite its large Kinect userbase and games like Fable, Forza and Viva Piñata.

If Sony is looking for a broad market, not having one big mascot might be the better option. That way they will stay neutral.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
bananaking21 said:
drake seems like it he could be it, if sony play their cards right with the franchise it could become a 10+ million seller in the future

I think UC4 has a good chance at hitting 10 mil if:

- It's critically acclaimed (85+ meta, easy by ND standards)

- PS4 sells well (8m-ish first year)

- Gets a 50-100m marketing campaign 

maybe some bundling to. but either way if things go right  a uncharted game might have a chance of hitting 10 million one day

This should be Sony's mascot next gen...

Because Sony is DOOOOOOOMED!  Mwuahahahahaha!!!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Maybe the character from Last Guardian...that should be out by 2017

Playstation has never had a mascot. Just because MS and Nintendo are doing better this gen people think it needs one, but they still have the two best selling home consoles in history without one.

Sony has plenty of potential mascots, but they choose to move on to new experiences with new worlds and characters. This is something I much prefer to the shoehorning old characters into new genres.

So I vote Nobody.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Turkish

Sony's Truest Defense Force and Agent of Promotion

fighter said:
Turkish

Sony's Truest Defense Force and Agent of Promotion

aka The Last Guardian

aka The Last of Us

aka Sackboy

aka Kratos

aka Mercedes SLS AMG

KBG29 said:
Playstation has never had a mascot. Just because MS and Nintendo are doing better this gen people think it needs one, but they still have the two best selling home consoles in history without one.

Sony has plenty of potential mascots, but they choose to move on to new experiences with new worlds and characters. This is something I much prefer to the shoehorning old characters into new genres.

So I vote Nobody.

I'd say Crash was PS1's mascot. I dunno about PS2 though