By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Achievement unlocked" 100 Million consoles sold 100G

killer7 said:
@Euphoria14
No they are nearing 400 Million!

You must not have been here a while. Handhelds don't count.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Ledreppe said:

You're counting all 3 play stations, the first post only counted Wii/Wii U and the 2 xbox's.

He is combining them because they are both "Wii" and the others are both "XBox". That means we can combine all 3 since they are all "Playstation".  

Even so, if we count only the latest 2 then we still have 220 Million.

Achievement unlocked!

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Lol above.

@Euphoria14
Handhelds are videogaming Systems- so they count! I do the same for nintendo! I am not a friend of: You cannot compare this with that- different targeting group, etc... independent on power and games sales numbers can be compared always!

pezus said:
killer7 said:
@Euphoria14
No they are nearing 400 Million!

Actually pretty comfortably above 400 million at around 410m or so.

To be fair, you're adding all PS hardware....if you do that with Nintendo then you're at about 646m....

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network

Surprised they havent done a press release of this.

100 Million is like, the first "huge" milestone for a console company.

killer7 said:

As the Wii and the WiiU surpassed the magical 100 Million mark the "Xbox Brothers" should not be too far off the same goal! After over 10 years Microsoft have an "Achievement unlocked" 100 Million consoles sold 100G- Congratz Boxes!!

If you add the 2 Xbox systems, a more fair comparison would be the Gamecube and Wii as they've been our for close to the same amount of time as the 2 Xbox's....which would put it at about 120m.

Stop hating and start playing.

killer7 said:
@Euphoria14
Handhelds are videogaming Systems- so they count! I do the same for nintendo! I am not a friend of: You cannot compare this with that- different targeting group, etc... independent on power and games sales numbers can be compared always!

I agree with you lol.

We just had times before where people discounted handheld sales, especially when it came to Japan being a big player in the gaming space.

Currently playing:

handhelds are not consoles,their handheld game systems,everyone knows consoles are game systems you hook up to a tv....

An thread about Xbox but most posts mention Playstation... Typical;..