By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Luigi's Mansion Be a Huge Hit? (With a Poll)

Luigi Mansion! How Will it sell Lifetime?

Under a million 29 7.92%

1mil+ 61 16.67%

2mil+ 88 24.04%

3mil+ 70 19.13%

4mil+ 32 8.74%

5mil+ 38 10.38%

6mil+ 8 2.19%

7mil+ 9 2.46%

8mil+ 7 1.91%

10mil+ 24 6.56%

Total:366
KHlover said:
DanneSandin said:
I voted for 1m, but arter reading that the original sold over 3m I have to reconsider my vote... I'd say between 2-3m... The original was released à long time ago, which Will mean less sold copies now. Just look at kid icarus! The original sold 1m, I think, and the sequel hasn't reached that number yet.

Don`t you think comparing Luigis Mansion to Kid Icarus is a bit of a stretch? The gap between the Kid Icarus games was 25 years and 5 generations (if I counted right), whereas the gap between the LM games is only around 10 years, with constant appearences of Luigi everywhere. I think it'll sell more than the original.

Well, I was trying to make a point really :p it's been a while since the last game, and many who played it back then has grown up and moved on. Had it been released for Wii though, it could have sold A LOT! Just imagine that game with those motion controls...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I think it has the POTENTIAL to be a hit, but whether or not Nintendo will push it enough for it to be one is another story altogether...

5mil.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DanneSandin said:
KHlover said:
DanneSandin said:
I voted for 1m, but arter reading that the original sold over 3m I have to reconsider my vote... I'd say between 2-3m... The original was released à long time ago, which Will mean less sold copies now. Just look at kid icarus! The original sold 1m, I think, and the sequel hasn't reached that number yet.

Don`t you think comparing Luigis Mansion to Kid Icarus is a bit of a stretch? The gap between the Kid Icarus games was 25 years and 5 generations (if I counted right), whereas the gap between the LM games is only around 10 years, with constant appearences of Luigi everywhere. I think it'll sell more than the original.

Well, I was trying to make a point really :p it's been a while since the last game, and many who played it back then has grown up and moved on. Had it been released for Wii though, it could have sold A LOT! Just imagine that game with those motion controls...

Yeah, would have been a bit like Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Could have been awesome^^

Luigi's Mansion managed 3.6 million as a launch title for the GameCube's tiny install base. 3DS already has a larger consumer base than the GameCube ever did, and Dark Moon is at the top of the American pre-order chart at least 3 months before its release. Personally, I expect lifetime sales over 5 mil, but I'll keep my expectations lower at 4 mil.

KHlover said:
DanneSandin said:
KHlover said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, would have been a bit like Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Could have been awesome^^

Hehe unfortunately I didn't play that game =P

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
KHlover said:
DanneSandin said:
KHlover said:
DanneSandin said:

You should try it if you can. The "combat system" is a real disappointment, but the atmosphere is awesome.

KHlover said:
DanneSandin said:
KHlover said:

You should try it if you can. The "combat system" is a real disappointment, but the atmosphere is awesome.

I need good game play to play a game ;)

Somewhere between 2-3m lifetime. I'd love to see more though. It should have pretty good legs.

I think at least 1 million its first year. I dont know if it will have as good legs as AC but i think it will sell above 3 million.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Damn people this game will sell a whole lot!!! Most people dont think it will even pass 4mil? C'mon...