By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Luigi's Mansion Be a Huge Hit? (With a Poll)

Luigi Mansion! How Will it sell Lifetime?

Under a million 29 7.92%

1mil+ 61 16.67%

2mil+ 88 24.04%

3mil+ 70 19.13%

4mil+ 32 8.74%

5mil+ 38 10.38%

6mil+ 8 2.19%

7mil+ 9 2.46%

8mil+ 7 1.91%

10mil+ 24 6.56%

Total:366

If you say this game will sell 10 million+, as seems strangely common, I say you are deluded.

Around the Network
NolSinkler said:
If you say this game will sell 10 million+, as seems strangely common, I say you are deluded.

So wats the highest you think this will get??? 10mil is close to nevr happening but not impossible! I think it will have 7-8mil lifetime. But do i think it'll hit 10mil??? Very Very Very unlikely but possible! Look at SM3DL, its selling well and unless a part 2 or another mario 3D platform comes then it has the potential to surpass 12mil easy maybe come close to 15mil!!!

I, for one, can't wait for this game. Have been waiting for a sequel for years!!!!!!

tbone51 said:
NolSinkler said:

So wats the highest you think this will get??? 10mil is close to nevr happening but not impossible! I think it will have 7-8mil lifetime. But do i think it'll hit 10mil??? Very Very Very unlikely but possible! Look at SM3DL, its selling well and unless a part 2 or another mario 3D platform comes then it has the potential to surpass 12mil easy maybe come close to 15mil!!!

What do I think it can get?

3 million, tops.

NolSinkler said:
tbone51 said:
NolSinkler said:

3 million, tops.

Well hey thats your oppinion, it will definitely get that within a year, we'll both see! just remember that it did over 3.5mil on a console that sold terrible and is now on a handheld thats expanding in hardware!!!

Around the Network
NolSinkler said:
tbone51 said:
NolSinkler said:

3 million, tops.

My turn to call you deluded. I am not one of the 10m+ people, though. I think I voted 5m+, and I felt I was being conservative.

It will be easier to get a read on this game's sales potential when it appears in the COMG chart, since the 3DS is a much more Japan-focused console than the GameCube was, but it's clear from the American pre-order chart that the game will be a big hit in the US.

the_dengle said:
NolSinkler said:
tbone51 said:
NolSinkler said:

3 million, tops.

My turn to call you deluded. I am not one of the 10m+ people, though. I think I voted 5m+, and I felt I was being conservative.

It will be easier to get a read on this game's sales potential when it appears in the COMG chart, since the 3DS is a much more Japan-focused console than the GameCube was, but it's clear from the American pre-order chart that the game will be a big hit in the US.

Thank You!!!!!!!

tbone51 said:

Thank You!!!!!!!

Haha. I think 6 million is a good mark to shoot for -- though by no means would 5 million be a disappointment. I don't think 7-8 million is completely out of the question, but... it seems like a stretch. 4 million seems similarly improbable. 3 million is absurd with this install base and these pre-order numbers. 10 million, however, also seems absurd to me. I don't think Luigi's Mansion has Animal Crossing-level sales potential, not this installment, anyway.

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:

Thank You!!!!!!!

Haha. I think 6 million is a good mark to shoot for -- though by no means would 5 million be a disappointment. I don't think 7-8 million is completely out of the question, but... it seems like a stretch. 4 million seems similarly improbable. 3 million is absurd with this install base and these pre-order numbers. 10 million, however, also seems absurd to me. I don't think Luigi's Mansion has Animal Crossing-level sales potential, not this installment, anyway.

Well said if it sells 5mil then cool but i think more hopefully, 7-8mil is my gues life time but when i notice SM3DL potential i thought maybe luigi mansion might have a shot too. Not so much but 10mil in 4 or 5years maybe

This will sell with the Nintendo core, so 2 million and as the console gains legs 3.5 LTD.