By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS outsells the Original Xbox! (Global)

Well, it hasn't sold one fourth of the amount of software that the original Xbox sold yet though.

Congratulations, nonetheless!

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Well, it hasn't sold one fourth of the amount of software that the original Xbox sold yet though.

Guess we´ll have to give the 3DS a few more years ;P

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

Damn you halo!!!!! lol
Dont 4get its only 2years vs Xbox 5years (or was it four?)

tbone51 said:

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

Damn you halo!!!!! lol

Well, Xbox only lived between 2002-2005 in Japan. In Europe it lived between 2002-2006 and in NA as long as 2001-2007. So about 5-6 years.

I'm confident 3DS will get past it eventually though. I mean, new system sellers will even boost old titles, and Nintendo still has a lot of IP's that they haven't used yet. Not to mention all new IP possibilities!

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

tbone51 said:

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

Damn you halo!!!!! lol

Well, Xbox only lived between 2002-2005 in Japan. In Europe it lived between 2002-2006 and in NA as long as 2001-2007. So about 5-6 years.
I'm confident 3DS will get past it eventually though. I mean, new system sellers will even boost old titles, and Nintendo still has a lot of IP's that they haven't used yet. Not to mention all new IP possibilities!

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

Yea we haven't gotten the big titles yet (beside NSMB2, MK7). Pokemon will be a major seller! So will others! and new ips! Best yet to come

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

tbone51 said:

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

Damn you halo!!!!! lol

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

Yea we haven't gotten the big titles yet (beside NSMB2, MK7). Pokemon will be a major seller! So will others! and new ips! Best yet to come

Yeah, Pokemon will be THE major seller. Generations 6+7 combined (if the 3DS sees 2 generations like the DS) should have a good shot at reaching 30 Mio sales. And although Zelda wasn´t the biggest franchise on the DS 5-8 Mio sales for a new Zelda game on the 3DS should be reasonable. Looking good so far^^

3DS is looking great and I don't even think Nintendo has gone all out yet. So far its mostly been 3rd parties with some support from Nintendo to keep the system going.

Next year is already looking amazing for the 3DS from the software side. We are starting off with a relatively big Pokemon Mystery Dungeon title. Plus when they release a mainline pokemon game, 3DS is going to explode.

pokemon will beast!!! For Sure

wow, I didn't realize the 3DS was that successful. Good for you Ninty!

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

killer7 said:
I think it will be around 26 Million by the end of the year! The genisis is not sure! I just readed it would be still sold in south america! So has vgchartz undertracked it??

I believe that's a 'clone'. Not sure though.

Either way, whatever's being sold there aren't newly shipped Genesissessesss by SEGA, so that means sales for it are final.