By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS outsells the Original Xbox! (Global)

DarkSouls said:
Wow, the 3DS didn't do too well in the beginning, but with an aggressive price-cut and software push they've managed to get themselves out of water quick! I also noticed that the Nintendo 3DS had ANOTHER price-cut and is now $139.99 and the 3DS XL is $179.99. Wow! I wish Sony would drop the price of the PS Vita, I really want one but it's too late in the game to buy one full price when you know that one is coming right around the corner.

Those are just holiday price cuts but they are great especially bundled

Around the Network

@DarkSouls
"I wish Sony would drop the price of the PS Vita"- They already did that! Here in Austria you can buy the Vita with Memory Card and Game for 220€! I do not think this is expensive, considering the fact, that the 3DSXL is 199€ WITHOUT a game! Both are about the same price and the 3DS is selling better! So price is NO argument

PS: Was there any week where the Vita outsold the 3DS worldwide? If yes would it be possible to post numbers?

killer7 said:
@DarkSouls
"I wish Sony would drop the price of the PS Vita"- They already did that! Here in Austria you can buy the Vita with Memory Card and Game for 220€! I do not think this is expensive, considering the fact, that the 3DSXL is 199€ WITHOUT a game! Both are about the same price and the 3DS is selling better! So price is NO argument

PS: Was there any week where the Vita outsold the 3DS worldwide? If yes would it be possible to post numbers?

Dont get excited but only launch week heres the numbers Feb25 3DS===198,445 PSV===376,385 And whats even more crazy, except for black friday i believe 3DS lowest region (NoA, Europe, or Japan) sold more weekly than every global PSV week!!!

@Tbone51
Wow! But i think vgchartz was ajusting down 3DS because i could swear to remember 3DS was in front- but... gratz to vita for at least 1 week! Some more and it will surpass the 3DS in no time :)

@killer7

How does the Vita can surpass the 3DS?

Around the Network

@supermariodance
If they sell it at McDonalds in the Happy Meal in Turkey, Spain and the typicly Sony Countries! The targeting group should be about right! Ups... I hope turkish, ethnomaz and cookingyourmama will not hang me up so i could say- handhelds in general?!;)

killer7 said:
@Tbone51
Wow! But i think vgchartz was ajusting down 3DS because i could swear to remember 3DS was in front- but... gratz to vita for at least 1 week! Some more and it will surpass the 3DS in no time :)

With a price drop and a great quality game i can see it surpassing 3DS for maybe 5 or 6weeks next year! Dont forget 3DS will have titles too. And if Pokemon comes out Japan Vita sales will fall off a cliff, Not only that but Japan gets Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest 7 early next year!

@tbone51
Remember? NGP- Nintendo Got Powned! But i can´t see Vita surpassing 3DS livetime!

@tbone51

Well looks like the Vita will be very DOOMED in Japan next year.

killer7 said:
@tbone51
Remember? NGP- Nintendo Got Powned! But i can´t see Vita surpassing 3DS livetime!

Here @ killer7 and SuperMarioDance click the bottom link if you are using the wii U, I had the same problem replying back and now today it works out fine. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151767 This will let people kno when you both reply them!!! Okay hope this helps!