By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [Official Brasil Sales] PS3 Outselling 360 in 3:1 After New Price, TOP 10 May

Tagged games:

man-bear-pig said:
kowenicki said:
Seems to be a big argument about bugger all really.

OT

Er, great.

What I can deduce from this thread:

The PS2 was (and still is) a beast in Brazil, but somewhere along the road (I don't know where) Sony messed up and now Brazillian gamers are flocking to the 360 in their transition to the next gen

I wanna see more.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Well, according to this article, Brazil is already the fourth largest gaming market in the world.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/tec/1165034-mercado-brasileiro-de-games-ja-e-o-quarto-maior-do-mundo-e-deve-continuar-a-crescer.shtml

man-bear-pig said:
Conegamer said:
This argument seems...pointless? Does it really matter? Impressive growth though!

No. The Brazillian market is minuscule

lol it is bigger than every other country except US, Jaopan and two or three EU countries.

ethomaz said:
man-bear-pig said:
Conegamer said:
This argument seems...pointless? Does it really matter? Impressive growth though!

lol it is bigger than every other country except US, Jaopan and two or three EU countries.

didn't you get the memo? If its not dominated by xbox that region is too small and it doesn't matter.... I can't wait for the next gen to start already. The battle drums for the next console war are being heard over the horizon...

No offense but Brazil is irrelevant.

Around the Network

Sales are quite good for a market that is hardly ever mentioned like Brazil. But I guess, its not that big as a market yet as gaming is very expensive there. Apparently PS2 is still around $300 there and games are close to $100 each, what doesn't help is the extreme poverty and highish inflation there either

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
man-bear-pig said:
Conegamer said:

That's what he said. 

How can anything be minuscule in a giant country like Brazil? Read what he posted and think a little.

"60 million Brazilians have at least one console" To give you some sense of how big that is, that's the same as the entire UK population.

Of these, there are 40,200,000 active gamers. You can fill Spain with them! Everything in Brazil is massive.

jonnybmk said:
No offense but Brazil is irrelevant.

Brazilians spent 2,635 million dollars on games in 2012. Something tells me that publishers (particularly KONAMI and EA) won't agree with you.

PS: YOU are irrelevant.

The numbers are bigger than what I expected, the same is true with mexico but A LOT of our consoles or games purchases are made in the united states where everything is cheaper so the numbers here dont reflect the reality

great to see, especially the part that game sales increase drastically and piracy is a smaller factor as years ago even if it's still a big factor.

the industry can really need increasing revenue from those countries, i don't see how the gaming market can get much bigger as it already is in north america, japan and many european countries but we probably need higher revenue in the future.

if just china would be more open for official sales.

I fail to see how 300 is nearly tying with 750?