By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Only 42 people playing Madden on WiiU.

http://kotaku.com/5968909/when-only-42-people-are-playing-madden-on-the-wii-u-its-not-a-sports-console

42 people ONLINE.

1 currently playing.

These are real stats, for a real console, in real time. Snapshot in time is not supposed to go as low as ONE user currently playing lol... This is getting ridiculous.

There's not going to be another madden on wiiu btw. Just "throwing" that out there, shot in the dark lol...

Around the Network

Whilst concerning, it's not surprising. What did you expect?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Who would have thought that a version of a game released 3 months late, is missing a lot of features and is considered inferior to the competition, on a new platform that still has a tiny userbase and a large portion of which won't open their system for 8 days, would not have a lot of people playing the game?

Who the fuck buys Wii U to play Madden anyway?

That's like buying a car because you want a radio :P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151459&page=1

Problem solved!

Around the Network

i find this funny its a new console what do you people expect

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Conegamer said:
Whilst concerning, it's not surprising. What did you expect?

The largest sports franchise just BOMBED on wiiu. No more madden on wiiu, thats for sure.

What are the COD stats? If COD failed as well, it's done.. It's wii all over again. Im writing this to get the point across that the "S" is "hitting" the "Fan."

crazy conclusion

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

HappySqurriel said:
Who would have thought that a version of a game released 3 months late, is missing a lot of features and is considered inferior to the competition, on a new platform that still has a tiny userbase and a large portion of which won't open their system for 8 days, would not have a lot of people playing the game?

yeah that could be true, how many percent of let's say the black friday consoles are gifts for christmas? i would say a lot and probably also a big part of those sold since then. we could have more consoles hidden anywhere in the garage as connected to the tv^^

still seems little bit low to me, that's 740 xbox players to 1 wii u player. madden sold 1.5m on 360. 1.5m/740 = 2k. so, even with 50% of consoles not connected to the tv or even more it really seems as if madden didn't sell so great compared to other wii u games.

but if it's true what you said about the missing features it could be one reason. other reason is that every big madden fan who already owned a 360/ps3 should own the game already and doesn't buy it a second time for wii u then. that could be totally different next year.

the other reason i would believe is that people who buy a new console want a game only for that console (nsmbu or zombi u) or something which isn't just a yearly iteration. i really like fifa games but fifa wouldn't be a game i would buy with my new console.

kljesta64 said:

crazy conclusion

The fact that the console is literally bombing in front of everyone's eyes? I'm not sure what data you're looking at. Im looking at the number 42 and the number 1.

In the words of the great Charles Barkley: "I don't know nuthn 'bout Nintendo, but I know dey in truble!"

(it was angola not nintendo, and it was during the 92' Olympic Games... but you get the point)