By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Only 42 people playing Madden on WiiU.

WindyCityHeat said:
Conegamer said:
Whilst concerning, it's not surprising. What did you expect?

The largest sports franchise just BOMBED on wiiu. No more madden on wiiu, thats for sure.

What are the COD stats? If COD failed as well, it's done.. It's wii all over again. Im writing this to get the point across that the "S" is "hitting" the "Fan."

A perfect example of an over-reaction ...

There are (roughly) 1 million people in North America who own a Wii U and (probably) something like 25% to 50% of them will not open it until Christmas. Of those Wii U owners, the ones who are dedicated die-hard Madden fans (probably) bought Madden 2013 months ago for the XBox 360, PS3 or Wii and many would not have bought the Wii U version because it is well known to be inferior to the already released versions.

Madden 2014 and 2015 will be released to the Wii U at the same time as the other versions, will most likely run the same code as the XBox 360 and PS3 versions, and will see dramatically higher sales because of this.

Around the Network

*insert Madden 2006 comparison here*

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

WindyCityHeat said:
kljesta64 said:

crazy conclusion

The fact that the console is literally bombing in front of everyone's eyes? I'm not sure what data you're looking at. Im looking at the number 42 and the number 1.

In the words of the great Charles Barkley: "I don't know nuthn 'bout Nintendo, but I know dey in truble!"

(it was angola not nintendo, and it was during the 92' Olympic Games... but you get the point)

1. i say 90% of wii u costumers are ninty fanboys they buy it for 1st party games

2. install base is still small to make any conclusions

3. sports games madden,fifa,nhl,nba etc are selling on x360,ps3

4. its not a new launch its not even the real madden 13 game

"I don't know nuthn 'bout Nintendo, but I know dey in truble!"

is a stupid statement

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

crissindahouse said:
HappySqurriel said:
Who would have thought that a version of a game released 3 months late, is missing a lot of features and is considered inferior to the competition, on a new platform that still has a tiny userbase and a large portion of which won't open their system for 8 days, would not have a lot of people playing the game?

yeah that could be true, how many percent of let's say the black friday consoles are gifts for christmas? i would say a lot and probably also a big part of those sold since then. we could have more consoles hidden anywhere in the garage as connected to the tv^^

still seems little bit low to me, that's 740 xbox players to 1 wii u player. madden sold 1.5m on 360. 1.5m/740 = 2k. so, even with 50% of consoles not connected to the tv or even more it really seems as if madden didn't sell so great compared to other wii u games.

but if it's true what you said about the missing features it could be one reason. other reason is that every big madden fan who already owned a 360/ps3 should own the game already and doesn't buy it a second time for wii u then. that could be totally different next year.

the other reason i would believe is that people who buy a new console want a game only for that console (nsmbu or zombi u) or something which isn't just a yearly iteration. i really like fifa games but fifa wouldn't be a game i would buy with my new console.

There is one other factor I forgot to mention ...

This is a comparison of people playing the game online, and (being that Nintendo doesn't focus much on online gameplay) I think the Wii U probably attracts gamers who are less interested in online gamplay.

HappySqurriel said:
WindyCityHeat said:
Conegamer said:
Whilst concerning, it's not surprising. What did you expect?

The largest sports franchise just BOMBED on wiiu. No more madden on wiiu, thats for sure.

What are the COD stats? If COD failed as well, it's done.. It's wii all over again. Im writing this to get the point across that the "S" is "hitting" the "Fan."

A perfect example of an over-reaction ...

There are (roughly) 1 million people in North America who own a Wii U and (probably) something like 25% to 50% of them will not open it until Christmas. Of those Wii U owners, the ones who are dedicated die-hard Madden fans (probably) bought Madden 2013 months ago for the XBox 360, PS3 or Wii and many would not have bought the Wii U version because it is well known to be inferior to the already released versions.

Madden 2014 and 2015 will be released to the Wii U at the same time as the other versions, will most likely run the same code as the XBox 360 and PS3 versions, and will see dramatically higher sales because of this.

"Something like 25% to 50% haven't opened their wiiu" Oh yah, you know that? Where's your data? Oh...you just randomly stated nonsense as if it were fact lol. Don't reply to a comment unless you have facts to back it up. You're obviously making things up, pulling random numbers out of thin air. 

No offense there, man.

Around the Network

^Some may not even be allowed to play online due to parental restrictions. (adding to your point).

WindyCityHeat said:

"Something like 25% to 50% haven't opened their wiiu" Oh yah, you know that? Where's your data? Oh...you just randomly stated nonsense as if it were fact lol. Don't reply to a comment unless you have facts to back it up. You're obviously making things up, pulling random numbers out of thin air. 

No offense there, man.

It's called an educated guess. You want numbers and facts to support the claim, just look at the sales Nintendo gets during holiday season and come tell me that's not mainly for christmas gifting.

So, who do you think they are?

happydolphin said:
WindyCityHeat said:

No offense there, man.

It's called an educated guess. You want numbers and facts to support the claim, just look at the sales Nintendo gets during holiday season and come tell me that's not mainly for christmas gifting.

I have data to support what I stated, it's the 42 users online and only 1 currently playing.

How do you make an "educated guess" when you have NO CLUE as to how many people bought the game lol.. It's not "educated" if he just makes a random guess. That's just called a "Guess."

WindyCityHeat said:

I have data to support what I stated, it's the 42 users online and only 1 currently playing.

How do you make an "educated guess" when you have NO CLUE as to how many people bought the game lol.. It's not "educated" if he just makes a random guess. That's just called a "Guess."

Then explain the massive sales jumps for Nintendo during the holiday season.

GO