By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - There are too many trolls

Are there?

Yes 157 82.20%

No 34 17.80%

Total:191
spurgeonryan said:

Duh!!! It was on purpose to be cute!

Why would you not be good as a mod or Carl or Conegamer? Maybe I was wrong about you because you equate everything to trollish comments. Probably even what I am about to post as well. Skin as thin as a sun burned old ladies!

You don't like Carl, so you were being facetious by lumping me with him, and I doubt you think I'm worthy to mod.

I don't even consider myself mod material, so...

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

I'm sad to say guys, but it looks like the threads are getting submerged with trolling and fanboyism and I've been finding it very difficult to actual have meaningful debate in the threads of late.

Is there a solution to this, mod team? Users?

I'm pretty discouraged.

There are too many fanboys and the mods aren't unbaised either. You need moderators who have no agenda to moderate the forums and if the moderators have preferences, they aren't allowed to moderate that forum. 

theprof00 said:
Ok, happy, let's start over. What do you want to accomplish with this thread?

I also wanted to ask some of the people here if they sometimes though someone was trolling, but that they may have been trying to stop other trolls. I found that happened to me a few times. Maybe they chose the wrong thread, but they were doing what they thought was right.

I'm tired of slinging mud at you, I want us to stop.

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
Ok, happy, let's start over. What do you want to accomplish with this thread?

I was looking for answers from people who felt the same way as I did, that it was becoming more and more difficult to have intelligent conversations about the sales in the industry.

I was hoping some people could bring in some enthusiasm and ideas to help form a group that's against it, or learn ways to deflect it.

I was hoping to talk about it and learn to deal with it.

(I also want to start over)

What kinds of problems do you think exist that impede the progress of intelligent discussion (please leave spelling out of it. I know you are very passionate about it, but please trust me that it is overly picky). If we want to start somewhere, let's start somewhere strong and not worry about the details. Political strategy says to focus on the issues, so let's start with that.

To be honest, i have been feeling that way throughout the internet, but the problem arent fanboys. Its perfectly fine to like/love something. Whats not fine is completely letting go of logic and hating everything else. It gets really tireing. I have pondered to stop reading forums because of how dire the situation has become in the last 2 years. Seems that with the latest generation of consoles people got more juvenile than ever.

Around the Network

I also nominate pezus. He's not the mod we need, he's the mod we deserve.

pezus said:

What we need are more active users as mods. I nominate myself.

no, you are too PC centric sometimes, that's not allowed!

pezus said:
dahuman said:
pezus said:

no, you are too PC centric sometimes, that's not allowed!

Hey, I can be Sony centric too if that's what you prefer!

That's even worse, we have enough religious Sony people as it is!

It's not trolling it's just magic!!

<:::::[]=

pezus said:

What we actually need is people who have zero interest in games to be moderators. That way they can objectively look at each post. The amount of times I have come across biased moderation on the internet is astounding. Also I'd suggest that all moderators need a degree from a good university - I've seen poor moderation due to a lack of education far too many times as well, such as fallacious arguments not being removed and the most retarded crap being allowed as it's someones opinion. If someone posts utter drivel, warn them - drivel helps no one.