By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NDS to be Highest Seller of All Time

...And there it is. NDS now the top selling platform! A change like that doesn't happen too often! I have no idea what true numbers are, but this is the site I post on and the one I come to for numbers, so it's the one I'll go with. I don't see much point in following the charts on here and chatting about them and then saying they are wrong. It's a big day for NDS!

Around the Network

@Pezus
Du kommst aus Deutschland?

@TheLastStarFighter
Take care! There are a few people who cannot get over this! It did not happened now, but it will happen sooner or later!

pezus 2 hours ago
TheLastStarFighter said:
...And there it is. NDS now the top selling platform! A change like that doesn't happen too often! I have no idea what true numbers are, but this is the site I post on and the one I come to for numbers, so it's the one I'll go with. I don't see much point in following the charts on here and chatting about them and then saying they are wrong. It's a big day for NDS!

Has this not happened before? PS2 about 10m behind shipments for a while

Do you mean a change in the PS2 numbers for an adjustment? I don't know about that.  I was referring to a change at the top of the leaderboard. It's not too often the VGChartz has a new all time sales leader. The PS2 passed Gameboy a long time ago, so something like this is pretty big.

I highly doubt the PS2 is outselling the DS. I haven't seen a PS2 on sale since ~ late 2010.

Around the Network

well feels so good that a nintendo platform is the most selling console of history, nintendo deserves that place. congratulations nintedo DS.

34 years playing games.

Sigh, i wish people would stop with this FUD. The PS2 is the highest selling console of all time and just because Vgchartz has stopped updating the PS2 numbers on this site doesn't some how change the fact that in the real world the PS2 is still out selling the DS.

3ds/DS confusion put DS over the top. Whodathunkit?

An era of oppression has ended. I welcome our new Nintendo overlords. May we both usher in a golden era together.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

cookingyourmama said:

Sigh, i wish people would stop with this FUD. The PS2 is the highest selling console of all time and just because Vgchartz has stopped updating the PS2 numbers on this site doesn't some how change the fact that in the real world the PS2 is still out selling the DS.

This is hardly the place to talk about the Halo Bluray release. :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

cookingyourmama said:

Even if vgchartz has completely stopped updating PS2s numbers, Sony just released their own on Nov. 2011 that stated it has sold 153.6 million million, which is essentially the same numbers vgchartz has. Although it's been a year since that update, I highly doubt Sony has sold a significant number of PS2s since then, as the console is now 12 years old. I'd give it another million tops, and that's being generous. So while DS probably hasn't "officially" outsold PS2 yet, it certainly will in the near future. I don't know where certain people are getting this information at that Sony has sold 160 + million PS2s from..