By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Up! Media Create Famitsu - Week 49, Dec 03 - Dec 09

thismeintiel said:
smbu2000 said:
vfguy said:

I don'tknow if they were just replenished. The only place i have visited twice is one of the independents. Sofmap had many bundles in stock at 8pm on launch day.

Amazon and rakuten also have them in stock.

Amazon has no stock available unless you count third parties selling the systems for 4,500 yen to 6,000 yen above retail price.

I just checked yodobashi's online store and they are sold out of both models. Bic camera's site doesn't show either model which likely means they have no stock. Yamada Denki's website also is sold out of both models. 

I wonder why there are so many available in your area. Somebody on gaf said that some places told him more stock would come on the 15th. I'll check again later, but I'm still expecting no stock when I check.

Amazon has never had stock of the Wii U.  Has something to do with a dispute between Amazon and Nintendo.  At least that's what I've heard the reason is.

@OP

Pretty good launch numbers for the Wii U.  Now, we just have to wait and and see if they will hold.  Also, seems kinda strange that the 360 isn't getting any boost at all from the holidays.  Last year, the 360 was at ~3K for the corresponding week, which was up ~1.4K from the previous week.  This year it's actually down by 100 units from last week.  The 360 was always a niche product in Japan, but it seems like even the samll support it got is dying away.

That's only in the US as far as I know. Amazon Japan sells all Nintendo hardware; DS, Wii, 3ds and the Wii U.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
benao87 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
OMG the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney drop! I'm devastated, this game is so fabulous... Another victim of the nintendo monopoly on 3DS. But it's not that bad because it means that the franchises will come to Vita in the future.

The WiiU launch is interesting, because nearly all the games bombed. Only the awaited big sellers achieved decent numbers : WiiU is in for a big drop next week. The TecmoKoei games were very weak in particular despite the numerous bonuses of the WiiU versions : I hope it will teach those publishers not to betray their existing PS3 fanbase.

Bayonetta 2 all over again? :)

No, totally different! Ninja Gaiden 3 and Orochi Warriors 3 were originally PS3/360 games, but TecmoKoei is totally ignoring and mocking the existing PS3/360 fanbase by cramming all this extra content in WiiU versions nobody's buying. They won't get away with this!

http://ryuz4ki57inenglish.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/kasumi-the-wiiu-exclusivity-that-goes-too-far/

smbu2000 said:
vfguy said:

I don'tknow if they were just replenished. The only place i have visited twice is one of the independents. Sofmap had many bundles in stock at 8pm on launch day.

Amazon has no stock available unless you count third parties selling the systems for 4,500 yen to 6,000 yen above retail price.

I just checked yodobashi's online store and they are sold out of both models. Bic camera's site doesn't show either model which likely means they have no stock. Yamada Denki's website also is sold out of both models. 

I wonder why there are so many available in your area. Somebody on gaf said that some places told him more stock would come on the 15th. I'll check again later, but I'm still expecting no stock when I check.

If you don't mind me asking, how is the overall word on the street concering Wii U over there? Is it still positive or are people already complaining about the weak CPU and the slow RAM? Also, how is the buzz compared to the PSV launch? Does it feel any different?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

thismeintiel said:
smbu2000 said:
vfguy said:

Amazon has never had stock of the Wii U.  Has something to do with a dispute between Amazon and Nintendo.  At least that's what I've heard the reason is.

@OP

Pretty good launch numbers for the Wii U.  Now, we just have to wait and and see if they will hold.  Also, seems kinda strange that the 360 isn't getting any boost at all from the holidays.  Last year, the 360 was at ~3K for the corresponding week, which was up ~1.4K from the previous week.  This year it's actually down by 100 units from last week.  The 360 was always a niche product in Japan, but it seems like even the samll support it got is dying away.

Lol Amazon japan would be in a world of trouble if they were in a dispute with Nintendo.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Not sure if this was posted already, but there's a new Super Robot Taisen game that was announced for the 3DS (first time on 3DS), Super Robot Taisen UX releasing March 14th.

It is also releasing with a special 3DS LL custom bundle.

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/025/692/50c565532d24d.html

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/025/692/50c5655bdb2ce.html

Fei from Virtual On looks interesting...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

that custom 3DS is amazing, especially the back.

ryuzaki57 said:
benao87 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
OMG the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney drop! I'm devastated, this game is so fabulous... Another victim of the nintendo monopoly on 3DS. But it's not that bad because it means that the franchises will come to Vita in the future.

The WiiU launch is interesting, because nearly all the games bombed. Only the awaited big sellers achieved decent numbers : WiiU is in for a big drop next week. The TecmoKoei games were very weak in particular despite the numerous bonuses of the WiiU versions : I hope it will teach those publishers not to betray their existing PS3 fanbase.

No, totally different! Ninja Gaiden 3 and Orochi Warriors 3 were originally PS3/360 games, but TecmoKoei is totally ignoring and mocking the existing PS3/360 fanbase by cramming all this extra content in WiiU versions nobody's buying. They won't get away with this!

http://ryuz4ki57inenglish.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/kasumi-the-wiiu-exclusivity-that-goes-too-far/

Ninja Gaiden Sigma3 for PS3 with more extras and later Sigma 3 for+ for PSVita with even more extras.. by far this is how TecmoKoei is managing is Ninja Gaiden serie... they aren't gonna toos all WiiU content and Updates on 360/ps3... they wanna make money more money..

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

ryuzaki57 said:
benao87 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

They won't get away with this?  What, are you going to call the cops or something?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

nintendo smashing up japan,will have to wait and see how the Wiiu takes off but i doubt it will have any problems,he game pad will go down well i think

Above & Beyond

Viper1 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
benao87 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

They won't get away with this?  What, are you going to call the cops or something?

well no... but they must be regretting their treachery already because their WiiU versions bombed and their image to PS3/360 owners is damaged