By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Up! Media Create Famitsu - Week 49, Dec 03 - Dec 09

ryuzaki57 said:
OMG the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney drop! I'm devastated, this game is so fabulous... Another victim of the nintendo monopoly on 3DS. But it's not that bad because it means that the franchises will come to Vita in the future.

The WiiU launch is interesting, because nearly all the games bombed. Only the awaited big sellers achieved decent numbers : WiiU is in for a big drop next week. The TecmoKoei games were very weak in particular despite the numerous bonuses of the WiiU versions : I hope it will teach those publishers not to betray their existing PS3 fanbase.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
jonnybmk said:
Well well well.

Nintendo continues to dominate.

There's at least 3 anti-Nintendo people that I know won't post in this thread.

haha yeah, I'm missing quite a few faces... But let's give them time to come by and say hi =)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Pac-man needs to close his mouth when he's eating.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

N-Magic said:
its soo amazing to see nintendo. 88% and sony only 11%

great 3ds
bomba wii u.! just 2 day monster wii u

Why do you say it like that? "just 2 days"

You think it will sell better next week when it has 7? I can tell your right now it won't. These "2 day" sales include months and months of pre-orders.

3ds just continues to dominate the vita. Will be interesting to see the figures for the wii u next week. Does anybody know if there are any other big 3ds games coming out before the end of the year in japan for the 3ds or will they be banking on animal crossing and the various mario games to carry them through?

Around the Network
pezus said:
jonnybmk said:
pezus said:

Then again people are saying "complete NIntendo domination" in here when the Wii U launch certainly played a big part...lol

Nintendo always dominates - it's just by how much that we get to discuss. :D

Nintendo is the TRUE winner of the consoles (Wii), the handhelds (3DS), and the next consoles (Wii U).

Just like 360 was the true winner of last gen in Japan, right?

I don't know.

Who said that?

I was expecting this week and only bad news, people WiiU is doomed! I know, you don't like this comments, but we have to be realistic, it sold less than PSV FW :(

At least let's be happy because 3DS is keeping it's pace, hopefully it will reach DS levels.

And this,
Media Create: 16./17. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 11.512 / 263.402 (+53%)
Famitsu: 15./14. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 14.591 / 267.723 (+46%)

Seriously WTF.

Oh and, ....

ryuzaki57 said:
OMG the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney drop! I'm devastated, this game is so fabulous... Another victim of the nintendo monopoly on 3DS. But it's not that bad because it means that the franchises will come to Vita in the future.

The WiiU launch is interesting, because nearly all the games bombed. Only the awaited big sellers achieved decent numbers : WiiU is in for a big drop next week. The TecmoKoei games were very weak in particular despite the numerous bonuses of the WiiU versions : I hope it will teach those publishers not to betray their existing PS3 fanbase.

Bayonetta 2 all over again? :)

VGKing said:
N-Magic said:
its soo amazing to see nintendo. 88% and sony only 11%

great 3ds
bomba wii u.! just 2 day monster wii u

Why do you say it like that? "just 2 days"

You think it will sell better next week when it has 7? I can tell your right now it won't. These "2 day" sales include months and months of pre-orders.

in final day of launch its most important  to buy!! for example look at CoD 1.2m of pre-orders and when its day to buy (1-7)Week 7m

abroZ said:
guiduc said:
3DS sold 210k? DQ and MH4 are not even released yet... It's gonna be ultimate rape.

Is there a mainline DQ announced (or speculated) for 3ds or are you just assuming it's coming?

DQVII remake announced for Japan. GONNA BE BIG

vfguy said:
Interesting. Maybe Nintendo has solved the supply constraints, at least in Japan.

I went to Yodobashi Camera in Kyoto today and they had a huge Wii U section and about 60 systems stacked behind the counter.

Zombi U had an entire shelf to itself. It was nice to see a Western title featured so prominently.

Yodobashi, btw, is one of the world's largest electronics stores (think 2 or 3 Fry's Electronics stacked).

Every place I have been this week (2 independents and 2 chain electronics stores) they have had plenty of systems in all of the configurations.

Does anyone know if Japan is usually supply constrained after launch (this is my first system launch in Japan)?

Are the Wii U numbers good if the system is not supply constrained? Will this result in a big drop for this week, as anyone who wanted a system could have bought one?

Is the system really that available over there? Or did they just get a new shipment in? 

I was checking out the big stores; Bic Camera, Sofmap and several smaller GEOs, in my city (Nagoya) and they were all sold out on Tuesday when I went. I checked out a large game/hobby store in Gifu on Wednesday as well and they were sold out.

On Sunday I saw a basic bundle available at a large department store, but they were out of premiums.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"