By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Launch Sales for Japan (Console/Handheld Comparisons Inside!)

VGKing said:
These numbers don't really mean anything....just look at the Vita launch, its was pretty good but look how its doing now.

Anyway Japan shows the same trends as USA and EU....3rd party isn't selling.

Monster hunter sold 100,000 what are you talking about?

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

I would guess maybe something like

January - Rayman
Feburary - Made In Wario
March - Dragon Quest X
April - Wii Fit U
May - Pikmin 3
June - The Wonderful 101
July - Yoshi's Land

Throw in maybe like a Final Fantasy XIII 1-2 Collection as way of Square-Enix getting some FF userbase on the system, because I think Lightning Final Fantasy XIII may be multi-plat PS3/Wii U/360 later in the year. 

Soundwave said:

I would guess maybe something like

January - Rayman
Feburary - Made In Wario
March - Dragon Quest X
April - Wii Fit U
May - Pikmin 3
June - The Wonderful 101
July - Yoshi's Land

Throw in maybe like a Final Fantasy XIII 1-2 Collection as way of Square-Enix getting some FF userbase on the system, because I think Lightning Final Fantasy XIII may be multi-plat PS3/Wii U/360 later in the year. 

Yeah, I think S-E would want to do something like that.  Although if I were S-E, I'd put FF VII-XII HD upgraded on WiiU.

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper = Terrible Game

Good debut numbers for Japan. Not as strong as the Wii's but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at this point. I expect Japan to be WiiU's strongest market.

Around the Network

Does anyone have software sales for Wii launch?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Based on VGChartz' archive

Looks like this

Wii Sports -181,902
Wii Play - 178k
Zelda: Twilight Princess - 146k
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - 65k
Super Swing Golf (Tecmo) - 15k

I think Media Create may be a bit higher.

Pavolink said:
Does anyone have software sales for Wii launch?

I think they're quoted early in the thread, on the topic it's an unusual comparison when looking at software attachment I think it comes down to the following:

In Japan the Wii had no game packed in with it as Wiisports was sold separate and we all know the deal with Wiiplay as it came with a free Wiimote and the Wii being cheap with no games bundled I'd expect the Wii to have higher software sales at launch tbh, the U is bundled with MH and a DQ beta this alone in Japan would be enough for people, I imagine the software sales were for non bundled U consoles.

VGKing said:
These numbers don't really mean anything....just look at the Vita launch, its was pretty good but look how its doing now.

Anyway Japan shows the same trends as USA and EU....3rd party isn't selling.

Do you honestly think the Wii U is going to sell only Vita numbers? Let's be honest here ^_^;

like US saving the Xbox