By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Launch Sales for Japan (Console/Handheld Comparisons Inside!)

VGKing said:
dahuman said:
VGKing said:
These numbers don't really mean anything....just look at the Vita launch, its was pretty good but look how its doing now.

Anyway Japan shows the same trends as USA and EU....3rd party isn't selling.

Do you honestly think the Wii U is going to sell only Vita numbers? Let's be honest here ^_^;

Did I say that? No.

Re-read the bolded part.

So do you think the Nintendo number is good or bad?

Around the Network

Vinnie said: "Will the Wii U Vita itself?" let's hope not, and Nintendo will never let that happen.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

DaRev said:
Vinnie said: "Will the Wii U Vita itself?" let's hope not, and Nintendo will never let that happen.

Of course they won't.

PS2 is sill god, Vita sold more, and 300k seems to be the odds average. 100k>300k

could have done 800k-1m

dahuman said:
VGKing said:
dahuman said:
VGKing said:
These numbers don't really mean anything....just look at the Vita launch, its was pretty good but look how its doing now.

Do you honestly think the Wii U is going to sell only Vita numbers? Let's be honest here ^_^;

Did I say that? No.

Re-read the bolded part.

The Japan launch is pretty good despite it being lower than the Vita.
I think that's due to the Monster Hunter bundle. 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
ninetailschris said:
VGKing said:

Monster hunter sold 100,000 what are you talking about?

Monster Hunter is the only 3rd party franchise that can sell on any system. Look at every other 3rd party Wii U launch game...they all sold horribly despite being massive franchises...

Actually console version usually don't do great numbers.

the others ones are new ips and games that flopped on other systems.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

VGKing said:
dahuman said:
VGKing said:
dahuman said:
VGKing said:

Did I say that? No.

Re-read the bolded part.

The Japan launch is pretty good despite it being lower than the Vita.
I think that's due to the Monster Hunter bundle. 

I think it's a little above average personally, I'm a little surprised that many units sold TBH, I was expecting a little lower numbers but I think you are right about the Monster Hunter bundle.

I think the numbers are pretty good.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

The numbers arent too good, but not bad neither. Vita outselling wiiu is quite a funfact and pretty nice to look at. I know its sales wont drop that hard, so a vita debacel is not to be expectable. Wiiu would sell more than vita with one mario and one other nintendo ip per year, at least in japan.

But what i hope is, that nintedomination for next gen will be over and we see more direct competition.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Good numbers!!!