By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I finally bought a 360

After much delay and waiting, I finally decided to purchase my Xbox 360 yesterday (January 21).  After searching in 4 different stores (walmart, target, best buy and another target), I purchased the premium (pro) version, along with Call of Duty 4 with two extra controllers (for my younger step brothers).  So far I am happy with the my purchase, but I have two complaints:  The power brick is huge as hell and the lack of wireless (wifi) capabilities.  I had to spring an extra $50 for an ethernet bridge to connect to my wireless router.  Yay I'm a Wii60 owner.

~Now Playing~
PC: Max Payne 3, World of Warcraft

X360: MW3, Skyrim

PS2: Persona 4

Last Purchase(s): Max Payne 3, WoW Game Time Next Purchase(s): None at the moment... 

Gamertag: InfernoTrell

Around the Network

Yeah, I am surprised they never put wireless in the Elite. Seemed natural to me.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

If wireless would have been in the Elite, it would have been a definite purchase

~Now Playing~

Last Purchase(s): Max Payne 3, WoW Game Time Next Purchase(s): None at the moment... 

cool welcome, hope you got live too
i heard orange box just got a price break for new copies as did bioshock
you should look up dead rising too
and as always halo,

*note on wireless, ive always been disatisfied with performance while gaming wirelessly maybe thats why it was left off, of all the features that meant least to me, though i wish every version had a hard drive, so the games could be ripped  

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

^^thanks for the tip. if wireless doesn't work well i will just move my router and modem upstairs and connect it directly and use the ethernet bridge on my desktop.

~Now Playing~

Around the Network

yea, i couldn't agree with you more, for me if there was no RROD issues and there was built in wifi 360 would be perfect. they should at least include the wireless bridge with 360's if it's to hard to have built-in wifi.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

If you're a 360 owner, sign up for Gamefly. Not only do they offer a ton of great games for rent, but you can pick up games you want to keep for ~$46 when new.

It rocks, enjoy.

BTW, pick up Dead Rising immediately or Stickball and myself will drive to your house and beat you up because you suck at life.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

dead rising best 360 game

@rocketpig: i will sign up to gamefly after i get tired of CoD4. Dead Rising will be a purchase for next month or maybe march. I only want to purchase one 360 game per 6 weeks unles its a must have

~Now Playing~

Wifi sucks compared to a good ol' wired connection.

p.s. I'm a PS360 owner!