By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes, Tomorrow

Come on now guys. You know if you got a Wii, and you got 50 bucks, you NEED to buy this game.

I don't care if you don't like sandbox games, hate how the game looks, or think that it's bad.

If your on this site, you obviously care about gaming, and your Wii. Here is the perfect time to support it.

Here's what I think:

Odds are, this game is gonna be pretty good. At least AA. By buying this game you can:

A. Tide yourself over till Brawl, while

B. Supporting an arguably great developer, while

C. also supporting your Wii's 3rd party hardcore games.

It's like, buying this game is voting. You think your vote doesn't matter, and maybe it doesn't. However, voting gives you the right to talk crap about people who didn't vote, and that is a very fun passtime.

Now, to wrap it up, what do you have to lose?

You can sell the game back for 35 bucks tomorrow, if you hate it. You lost 15 or 20 bucks, but gave a "hardcore" game on the Wii a sale, supported Nintendo, your console, your opinion, and a great developer, and maybe even got one of the coolest games this side of Killer 7 on the day it was released, so you can brag to all your friends about your niche superior tastes in gaming.

I'm serious. Buy this, I will, and we can keep logs of our progress in this post.

Handle that business! Hope this isn't a duplicate. Anyway: 

Here's an overview of the game, case you missed it:

Description
In this adventure game directed by Goichi Suda (of Killer 7 fame), you play as Travis Touchdown, a normal guy (with an otaku geek streak to him) who wins a Beam Katana through an online auction and uses the weapon to start a new career as a professional killer. One day, an assassin named Helter Skelter appears before Travis and the two face off in a battle. Travis emerges victorious and finds himself in the presence of Silvia Christel, a mysterious French woman who claims to be an agent with the UAA. Silvia gives Travis official rank of 11 in the organization. Now, it's up to you to become #1.

No More Heroes takes place in the city of Santa Destroy, and you are free to explore the town to your liking, taking on missions large and small to collect money and purchase new weapons as you work up towards the 10 main killing contracts. Gameplay is all about using your Beam Katana (via Wii remote) to defeat enemies.

Warnings
Blood and Gore,Crude Humor,Intense Violence,Sexual Themes,Strong language

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I'm definitely getting this tomorrow (today??). Early reviews have it pegged awesome, and I've been looking forward to it for months!

Too bad I won't be getting any toilet paper, though

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm thinking about it.

Devil May Cry, Lost Odyssey, Burnout: All games that coming out in the same time-frame. All games that are better than this, it seems. Oh, and there's that Smash Brothers game right aroun the corner. I won't buy it unless it gets 93% on game rankings.

@Grandmaster: It's currently at 94%, though that's only with one review that they count.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Will it be in stores tomorrow?

I'm planning on grabbing Eternal Ocean Wednesday ($29.99 at KMart) and will likely grab NMH too.

Around the Network

I got to play with an advance copy(lucky me!) I was always decided to buy this game but having played it I can say, it's a GREAT game. That is to say it's great if you go in expecting the right experience. If you go in expecting a big epic monster story and some of the best graphics you've ever seen turn away now you're gonna be disappointed. Now if you go in expecting to laugh and have general fun with a decently well made game that's worth it's sticker price then you'll be happy.

I'm going to wait to read a couple reviews first.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

souixan said:
I got to play with an advance copy(lucky me!) I was always decided to buy this game but having played it I can say, it's a GREAT game. That is to say it's great if you go in expecting the right experience. If you go in expecting a big epic monster story and some of the best graphics you've ever seen turn away now you're gonna be disappointed. Now if you go in expecting to laugh and have general fun with a decently well made game that's worth it's sticker price then you'll be happy.

When I buy a game for the Wii, it has to fuckin mind blowing -- a master piece that delivers one hell of an experience. If it's not, I'm not intrested in all the other garbage the Wii has to offer. I need to read reveiws to see if this game is worth supporting.

Not in Canada, as far as I can tell.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

grandmaster192 said:
souixan said:

When I buy a game for the Wii, it has to fuckin mind blowing -- a master piece that delivers one hell of an experience. If it's not, I'm not intrested in all the other garbage the Wii has to offer. I need to read reveiws to see if this game is worth supporting.

Say whatever do whatever I don't care I'm just saying it how it is, this game will appeal to an audience and the rest will think it's retarded. The game is fine if you don't go in expecting something that it's not. If you look at this game and expect a perfect experience on all levels, you'll probably not want to buy it. It's like watching a Quintin Tarintino(sp?) flick, they don't generally have the best camera or story lines but good god are they fun.