By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Current vs Last, a Console Sales Story (COMPLETE!)

Final Smash: Should somone one do this at the start of every gen?

yes 65 75.58%

no 3 3.49%

show me the money! 7 8.14%

Total:75
Viper1 said:

Most stores don't?  Where?   Poland?

I would say here in Latam. I went to different stores this week and none had space dedicated to the Wii U, in all you could buy 1 (some have basic and deluxe models, others just basic), but their sale focus for Nintendo during this holiday season was the Wii that it finally became affordable at 200 dollars with 1 game.

But I am going to be optimistic though and think that this will play PRO reaching the shipping goal, as I am sure that those same stores will start stoking the Wii U more after january and will need shippings from Nintendo.

By the way if someone understand spanish, here is the link to the sale price in my country:

http://www.elsurvivor.com/2012/12/wii-u-disponible-a-partir-del-domingo-9-de-diciembre-en-colombia/

Around the Network

WiiU sold 390k last week making it 1.387m so far in December and there is still one more week to add so it's not looking bad at all!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Simple Answer No... most people for awhile probably won't see the point in upgrading from a Wii to WiiU.. some may come around eventually.. but it will be later.. and by then possibly to late..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Updated with December 22nd sales. Still selling pretty well overall.

@Viper, I hope we all already knew it was a shipped figure, but I'll update OP to ensure there is no confusion.

WiiU's selling fine.

Anybody who was expecting it, or PS4 / X720 for that matter, to sell as well as Wii did the first few months were living in a dream-world anyway. Europe will come around over the course of the year, we're always the slower ones to adopt. I guess Europeans are more critical of their spending.

Still a good thread by the way, nice to keep track of this .

Around the Network
superchunk said:

@Viper, I hope we all already knew it was a shipped figure

I would have expected as much but just about everybody saying the Wii U won't reach the sales projection are basing that theory on the sales figures while ignoring the shipment angle.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
superchunk said:

@Viper, I hope we all already knew it was a shipped figure

I would have expected as much but just about everybody saying the Wii U won't reach the sales projection are basing that theory on the sales figures while ignoring the shipment angle.

Well, it very well won't make those shipped goals either. Its really going to become clear as these next couple of weeks of data come out. How big will the drop off post-holiday/launch be?

Updated....

Thanks superchunk good thread.

I think it'll end march a lot closer to the PS3 than Wii, least it had a decent start.