By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo blocking 18+ rated Wii U eShop content at certain times

kitler53 said:

wiiU does have parental controls.  but, from what i'm reading in this thread, they apperantly don't extend to the e-shop.  on psn they do.  i'm going to go on a limb and expect on xlba they do as well.   if nintendo doesn't have that working yet this may very well be a short term fix they have to do.

oh I see what you are saying now. Interesting. Then that certainly could be why. So this might be a short term thing then

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:
Legal age restriction requirements vary across a number of European countries. Since Nintendo of Europe is based in Germany, Nintendo eShop is complying with German youth protection regulation which therefore applies to all our European markets. Under German law, content rated 18+ must be made available only at night.
Therefore the accessibility of 18+ content in Nintendo eShop is limited to [USK: 22:00 UTC until 4:00 UTC] [PEGI: 23:00 UTC until 3:00 UTC].

That explains it. Because SonyCE and Microsoft are both based out of London.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well that better be a temporary thing.

runqvist said:
Barozi said:
Vinniegambini said:
Legal age restriction requirements vary across a number of European countries. Since Nintendo of Europe is based in Germany, Nintendo eShop is complying with German youth protection regulation which therefore applies to all our European markets. Under German law, content rated 18+ must be made available only at night.
Therefore the accessibility of 18+ content in Nintendo eShop is limited to [USK: 22:00 UTC until 4:00 UTC] [PEGI: 23:00 UTC until 3:00 UTC].

That's only valid for TV channels that you can access for free.

You can buy nude magazines around the clock and they don't even have to be hidden in stores for example.

That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying it, because my german is not so good. :D

That's what destructoid said :( So I think NOE is playing it safe but hopefully they will rectify this soon enough

http://www.destructoid.com/europe-18-rated-wii-u-eshop-games-locked-until-11pm-240090.phtml

dahuman said:
KungKras said:
dahuman said:
It's almost like Euro people don't shop in stores or online that they must download the game digitally? Nintendo gone and fucked up now! DOOMED! XD

It's not about that.

Lots of people's first comments in this thread figured out the proper solution to the problem. This is pure incompetence, no matter how small an issue it is.

or they can block out 18+ content completely like the MS plan in the Windows 8 App shop, it really could be worse. It's a stupid business decision for sure since digital distribution would earn them more direct $$, but it could always be worse.

Anything could always be worse.
Except maybe the Twilight movies.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
dahuman said:
KungKras said:
dahuman said:
It's almost like Euro people don't shop in stores or online that they must download the game digitally? Nintendo gone and fucked up now! DOOMED! XD

It's not about that.

Lots of people's first comments in this thread figured out the proper solution to the problem. This is pure incompetence, no matter how small an issue it is.

or they can block out 18+ content completely like the MS plan in the Windows 8 App shop, it really could be worse. It's a stupid business decision for sure since digital distribution would earn them more direct $$, but it could always be worse.

hey man they sparkle and shit! actually yeah you are most likely right, prolly nothing worse......

dahuman said:
KungKras said:
dahuman said:
KungKras said:
dahuman said:

It's not about that.

hey man they sparkle and shit! actually yeah you are most likely right, prolly nothing worse......

The thing is, their popularity is what makes them so unbearable, so I bet if you make a "crappyness" to "popularity with girls" graph, similar to supply and demand graph, you'd find the movies position right where the graphs intersect xD

I LOVE ICELAND!

Mr Khan said:
Vinniegambini said:

That explains it. Because SonyCE and Microsoft are both based out of London.

No. That only applies to public TV and NOT to retail (digital or real). It's stupid if you think about it : that would mean that stores should open at night to sell ZombiU or AC3... Nintendo is playing it extra safe here even if it means sacrifying gamers' playtime.

KungKras said:
dahuman said:
KungKras said:
dahuman said:
KungKras said:
dahuman said:

It's not about that.

The thing is, their popularity is what makes them so unbearable, so I bet if you make a "crappyness" to "popularity with girls" graph, similar to supply and demand graph, you'd find the movies position right where the graphs intersect xD

The sad shit is I have girlfriends that make fun of it all the time(both movie and books, yeah, they actually read the whole fucking thing too) and we all talk shit about it but I think I'm the only person who's never seen a single one of that trash in the movies or read a single word in that dumb series. I'll never understand women, they say something, but 50% of the time do the polar opposite of their own logic suggests, anyhow, Justin.tv is your friend!

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard yet.