By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Boss Trolls Nintendo In The Sweetest Way Possible

dahuman said:

Well I did say I don't boot it up enough lol, but that really doesn't matter, I'm simply presenting you with answers that you had a question about, it's not like I don't use Sony products haha. :P

So far, yeah, I do like Wii U's online better, it's actually stable for me, it's got a better community that's built into the core of the system instead of some joke ass thing like the Playstation Home or the XBL's non existent one, the basic GUI layout is better than XMB so it's better to use, and the web browser is miles ahead. I also had no issues updating the whole time I've had the system so far, and I happen to think Shuhei is awesome too because he's actually a real gamer :).

Wii U is 8th gen yeah, it's already surpassed XBL and PSN in it's basic design IMO, rest are just bug fixes and implementing new features. Of course, Steam is still the best one by miles and miles, but we are of course talking about consoles here :P.

lol you are actually trying to tell me an online system where your user id and purchases are tied to the system it's made in is a better system than PSN...think about that for a second.

as for XMB..well that's debatable. I prefer the similicity of it but that is strictly preference.

I will agree on the web browser..heard great things about it

as for updates and issues with it..well you use gaf right? There should be one huge thread in there somewhere just to discuss issues with it. Updates have been slow as is the OS for many.

I will also agree on the miiverse. It's a very good idea and has a lot of potential. I hope sony uses vita live area and exapnd that to the ps4 or w/e it will be called.

as for online communities for specific games tho..thanks to nintendo being ages behind the competition, it's severely lacking. But hopefully with more games such communities will grow larger and stronger

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
osed125 said:
runqvist said:

Well I don't know how it works. I thought it was like a forum...

But why would it be desperate? I think it would be a smart way to advertise, I think miiverse is free!

Is basically a forum of a specific game. You can put messages, ask for help, post screenshots, etc. Pretty awesome stuff from what I heard. 

It isn't free since you need to buy the Wii U console, and Sony or MS fans would need be pretty desperate to spend $300/$350 just to troll. 

Well my kid turns 2 pretty soon, I might get him a Wii u for birthday. Beware! :O

This isn't a big deal, and Miiverse is awesome.  It might just be the greatest gaming community I've ever dealt with - everyone is super helpful and are mostly just posting to have a good time.  Plenty of people mention Xbox or PS all the time and know one cares, often it's asking questions about versions of games.

M.U.G.E.N said:
dahuman said:

Well I did say I don't boot it up enough lol, but that really doesn't matter, I'm simply presenting you with answers that you had a question about, it's not like I don't use Sony products haha. :P

So far, yeah, I do like Wii U's online better, it's actually stable for me, it's got a better community that's built into the core of the system instead of some joke ass thing like the Playstation Home or the XBL's non existent one, the basic GUI layout is better than XMB so it's better to use, and the web browser is miles ahead. I also had no issues updating the whole time I've had the system so far, and I happen to think Shuhei is awesome too because he's actually a real gamer :).

Wii U is 8th gen yeah, it's already surpassed XBL and PSN in it's basic design IMO, rest are just bug fixes and implementing new features. Of course, Steam is still the best one by miles and miles, but we are of course talking about consoles here :P.

lol you are actually trying to tell me an online system where your user id and purchases are tied to the system it's made in is a better system than PSN...think about that for a second.

as for XMB..well that's debatable. I prefer the similicity of it but that is strictly preference.

as for updates and issues with it..well you use gaf right? There should be one huge thread in there somewhere just to discuss issues with it. Updates have been slow as is the OS for many.

I will also agree on the miiverse. It's a very good idea and has a lot of potential. I hope sony uses vita live area and exapnd that to the ps4 or w/e it will be called.

as for online communities for specific games tho..thanks to nintendo being ages behind the competition, it's severely lacking. But hopefully with more games such communities will grow larger and stronge

you can't expect everything to work perfectly with a system on day 1 if a giant software based company like microsoft or Google can't do it. Nintendo has already said the account binding is something they will have a solution for somwhere down the line. Gaf is full of stealth trolls and shouldn't be taken as a basis of how things really are since most vgc wii u owners are not having serious problems. Wii U UI is simpler than XMB BTW.

dahuman said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
dahuman said:

as for online communities for specific games tho..thanks to nintendo being ages behind the competition, it's severely lacking. But hopefully with more games such communities will grow larger and stronge

you can't expect everything to work perfectly with a system on day 1 if a giant software based company like microsoft or Google can't do it. Nintendo has already said the account binding is something they will have a solution for somwhere down the line. Gaf is full of stealth trolls and shouldn't be taken as a basis of how things really are since most vgc wii u owners are not having serious problems. Wii U UI is simpler than XMB BTW.

spin it all you want pal but tying down your account and purchases is such an archaic way of thinking. They had plenty of time to address things too. It was just a business choice they made. Until they remove that it will never be as good as psn or live from a user point of view.

and I don't feel the wiiu ui is simpler..but let's just agree to disagree on that. I don't expect to see the xmb for next gen sadly....I will miss it

as for Gaf..it's a forum man. I would say we have as many stealth trolls on this site as they do there despite gaf having way more members. But the complaints and concerns are valid. Especially when they come from users that have supported nintendo a lot. oh and also gaf has some of the biggest nintendo fanboys I have ever seen.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
One of his posts got removed by the admins, I wonder what he wrote?

a reply to Reggie's "my body is ready"  saying "You are not ready!" 

The one in the first post was a total let-down, but this actually made me smirk.

M.U.G.E.N said:
dahuman said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
dahuman said:

spin it all you want pal but tying down your account and purchases is such an archaic way of thinking. They had plenty of time to address things too. It was just a business choice they made. Until they remove that it will never be as good as psn or live from a user point of view.

and I don't feel the wiiu ui is simpler..but let's just agree to disagree on that. I don't expect to see the xmb for next gen sadly....I will miss it

as for Gaf..it's a forum man. I would say we have as many stealth trolls on this site as they do there despite gaf having way more members. But the complaints and concerns are valid. Especially when they come from users that have supported nintendo a lot. oh and also gaf has some of the biggest nintendo fanboys I have ever seen.

There is nothing to spin  Sony went through the same phase and fixed up PSN overtime and I think they have delivered, but people won't even give Nintendo time to update theirs even though it's working so well already after only 1-2 weeks? That's some fucked up bull shit mentality if you ask me. You also don't have a Wii U, so I'm just letting you know the info, if you doubt me, borrow it a few days and play with it some time, otherwise you are just doing guess work

dahuman said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

There is nothing to spin  Sony went through the same phase and fixed up PSN overtime and I think they have delivered, but people won't even give Nintendo time to update theirs even though it's working so well already after only 1-2 weeks? That's some fucked up bull shit mentality if you ask me. You also don't have a Wii U, so I'm just letting you know the info, if you doubt me, borrow it a few days and play with it some time, otherwise you are just doing guess work

Listen I'm not saying it should be perfect....the tied down to system thing is NOT about performance or lack of time or anything. It's a business choice. So yes you are trying to spin this.

I don't have to 'guess' about the accounts thing tho..it's a fact. I also don't have to guess about users having issues...cuz unlike you I don't need to turn a blind eye to it...there are plenty of people having problems with freezes and hard locks slow downs etc. And again I'm sure it will be improved with time. But this is not applicable to the accounts situation. It's such an archaic way of thinking. IF sony did this they will get shit for it too no issue. It's not some consipiracy against nintendo you know. For example if sony and MS do the anti used game bs next gen you will see me there day 1 saying how bs it is. It's hilarious how you are incapable of even saying anything negative about nintendo...I have no problem pointing out the positives AND the negatives of the system..just like I did in the previous post of mine.

so let me tell you this info...the accounts situation is lame and archaic. It's very anti-user friendly. As long as they have such a system they will not be as good as psn or live.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

M.U.G.E.N said:
dahuman said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Listen I'm not saying it should be perfect....the tied down to system thing is NOT about performance or lack of time or anything. It's a business choice. So yes you are trying to spin this.

I don't have to 'guess' about the accounts thing tho..it's a fact. I also don't have to guess about users having issues...cuz unlike you I don't need to turn a blind eye to it...there are plenty of people having problems with freezes and hard locks slow downs etc. And again I'm sure it will be improved with time. But this is not applicable to the accounts situation. It's such an archaic way of thinking. IF sony did this they will get shit for it too no issue. It's not some consipiracy against nintendo you know. For example if sony and MS do the anti used game bs next gen you will see me there day 1 saying how bs it is. It's hilarious how you are incapable of even saying anything negative about nintendo...I have no problem pointing out the positives AND the negatives of the system..just like I did in the previous post of mine.

so let me tell you this info...the accounts situation is lame and archaic. It's very anti-user friendly. As long as they have such a system they will not be as good as psn or live.

That's where you are incorrect: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/nintendo-network-id-tied-to-individual-wii-u-consoles

You don't have enough data to even have this argument with me TBH, this is network and server based, not purely a business decision. You can't magically just make things happen, they need to be planned, discussed, fixed, then executed, then comes more fixes. You can't have a function pop out from thin air, that's not how the IT world works.

I froze once playing NG3, it did happen, guess what, Nintendo released a patch recently after about 1 week of release that increased system stability on top of support for drives larger than 2TB. If you actually did your research, you would know this.

If you don't have the right data to start with, when somebody tries to give you correct informations, don't turn a blind eye to them. :)

dahuman said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
dahuman said:

That's where you are incorrect: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/nintendo-network-id-tied-to-individual-wii-u-consoles

You don't have enough data to even have this argument with me TBH, this is network and server based, not purely a business decision. You can't magically just make things happen, they need to planned, discussed, fixed, then executed, then comes more fixes. You can't have a function pop out from thin air, that's not how the IT world works.

I froze once playing NG3, it did happen, guess what, Nintendo released a patch recently after about 1 week of release that increased system stability on top of support for drives larger than 2TB. If you actually did your research, you would know this.

If you don't have the right data to start with, when somebody tries to give you correct informations, don't turn a blind eye to them. :)

hahaha wow. So what exactly did you prove with that link btw? They didn't want to spend the money to make it happen. Simple as that. Not like nintendo has been spending time and money on the online for wii or anything. They had plenty of time.How is something so simple so hard to understand for you? Really...why?

It's just bs business choices. Same with regions locks..same with the new can't access M rated games move...but wait you even defended that! LOL

yeah from now I know how to take your opinion. You are a person who seems to ignore other people having issues yet you are trying to lecture me? Ironic to say the least.

I was gonna tell you not be so blind and faithful to nintendo so much so that not being able to criticize a single thing....but hey, you will probably will continue to do the same anyway.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!