By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fanboys, I just don't get it

If you want an example of fanboy then some of you should read your own posts. You get so defensive lash out at other consoles thus acting like the very thing they claim to be against. Viscous circle you need to get out of.

Around the Network

I would call myself a Nintendo fan, but not an excessive one. I mean I owned every home console since the SNES (Minus the WiiU as of right now) and I bought a 360 this gen to try and experience all the games I wanted to experience.

I've been accused of being biased against Sony at times, but its not that I don't like the consoles, or the games. They're great. I just disliked the attitude Sony as a company, and legitimate Sony fanboys would display (From 2006-2008): "Our console will be the best, Nintendo has no chance, people will buy a PS3 without games, etc etc"

But I do believe that Sony has had a massive effect on gaming, and continues to do so. Same with Microsoft. I think they're both doing a great job in the gaming world, despite what some might say, but Nintendo will always have a soft spot in my heart, and I'll always want to defend them. The difference is I know when not to defend them, like when they fuck up. (Wii Online System, Abandoning Hardcore, etc)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
timmah said:

It is quite cool, and could be tasty if you got that bundle.

Cream puffs while you play next gen gaming. Ahhhh Bliss!

SWORDF1SH said:
If you want an example of fanboy then some of you should read your own posts. You get so defensive lash out at other consoles thus acting like the very thing they claim to be against. Viscous circle you need to get out of.

What's wrong about defending your favorite company? I never understood why people get annoyed by that and more so when they call that person a fanboy.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

What's wrong about defending your favorite company? I never understood why people get annoyed by that and more so when they call that person a fanboy.

You have every right to do that. Not a problem with that.

Around the Network

Forbes posted an article on 6 reasons to buy an Xbox 360 over PS3 http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/06/6-reasons-to-buy-an-xbox-360-instead-of-a-playstation-3/

This late into the console cycle, it makes me wonder if an article like this is really geared towards the consumers.

I walk the line between all around gamer and fan, I guess. I LOVE Nintendo but I'll openly criticize them when they do something wrong. I don't sugarcoat it. Heck, two minutes after my Wii U froze, I was making a thread about it. I love my 360 and play it probably more than any other console but I didn't even own an original Xbox, played my PS2 more than any console ever, and I've been gaming since the early 80's. There isn't a video gaming device that Sony has made that I haven't bought and I support them like you wouldn't believe (over 100 games for my PS1, over 100 for my PS2, over 10 games for my Vita, stood in line at midnight for a PS3, owning two PSPs, etc).

I think I take a stance when I see somebody saying something that isn't true because either they haven't played the competition or because they want to make something look better than it really is. I'm not a big fan of extreme arrogance, either.....but I look the other way when it comes to the 360 because of my personal bias.

I wear my loyalties on my sleeve.

I used to be like that just a few years ago. I used to do it because I enjoyed the drama and the arguments, none of it was completely serious, it was just stupid fun.

The_Botman said:

Forbes posted an article on 6 reasons to buy an Xbox 360 over PS3 http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/06/6-reasons-to-buy-an-xbox-360-instead-of-a-playstation-3/

This late into the console cycle, it makes me wonder if an article like this is really geared towards the consumers.

That article is a companion piece to the "6 Reasons To Buy A PlayStation 3 Instead of an Xbox 360"

You too quickly jumped to a conclusion. Both articles are right. Heaven forbid that anyone choose the platform that appeals to them the most.

I used to be a Nintendo fanboy. I never had any other systems except Nintendo, so you could imagine the bias I had. I would give all those stereotypical arguments like "it's not about graphics, it's about gameplay" and all that jazz.
Don't get me wrong, I still love Nintendo games because they are great fun, and they have so many ways of innovating for their games, but for some reason I decided to give Sony a try, and I got my PS3. I was hooked instantly. There was this whole new world of amazing games with great graphics that I had been missing out on for many years! So I got a bunch of great games, and there are still many to come, and I think that is a good summary of my rehab from Ninty Fanboyism.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash