By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shadow of the Colossus is a true masterpiece

Is Shadow of the colossus an underrated masterpiece ?

Yes. It's a fantastic ex... 44 73.33%

The game is good, but very overrated. 7 11.67%

Very overrated. I can't... 8 13.33%

Never went throught the first colossus. 0 0%

Never found the first colossus. 1 1.67%

Total:60

Found my old PS2 inside a closet a few days ago and decided it was time to turn it on after 3 years.

Replaying Shadow of the colossus made me realize the masterpiece this game really is.   I ended up buying the HD version on PSN.

- This game must really have pushed PS2 to its limits when it was released.  Graphics still look good, even 6 years after it was released.

- The best boss fights ever.  Wander looks so small compared to them.   

It's a shame that this games is so Underrated.

Around the Network

Indeed, a gem of a game. Few like it.

indeed it's an amazing game!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Indeed a real masterpiece.

Not sure about the underrated part, unless you refer to Sales in which I have no idea :P It is a critical darling ;o

I played it for the first time a few months ago and id have to say its my favorite ps2 game

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

You know that's right!

However, I don't think it's underrated. Over a million sales, plus a critical darling. And a fan favorite.

Edit: It's older brother, ICO, is probably the underrated one.

Once I was calling the horse *whistle* "Agro! Agro! Agro!" and it wouldn't come, so you wanna know what I said? "Agro **** yourself!"

Veknoid_Outcast said:

You know that's right!

However, I don't think it's underrated. Over a million sales, plus a critical darling. And a fan favorite.

Edit: It's older brother, ICO, is probably the underrated one.

ICO is really amazing too.  I'm sure many people decided to play it after playind SoTc.

I love this game. SotC is one of the most heralded games of the 6th generation, it's hardly underrated!

Looking forward to that team's next game is the *primary* reason I bought a PS3. ... And... well, I'm still waiting. (Lesson learned: don't ever buy a system for unreleased games)

I'm playing it for the first time, just defeated 9 colossi.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(