By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be The Number One Console This Gen With 115 Million Shipped. And You? (Sales > My Prediction Right Now)

Tagged games:

PS3 will never cost $99.
Max sales for PS3 are 95-100m.

Around the Network

The last Sony numbers update is already in the OP since November... so we need to wait new number... 90 million I guess.

No way PS3 ships another 20+ million units. It may break 90 million. But it'll be off the market in 2015, or maybe it'll eek out one more holiday and go off the market early 2016. But it'll sell max 5 million each year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Always thought Ethomaz is waaaaaay to optomistic. Didn't take into account current gen sales dropping after the next gen. tsk tsk.

Still only 1 million ahead of 360 globally, with their 2008 pricing no less :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ethomaz said:
The last Sony numbers update is already in the OP since November... so we need to wait new number... 90 million I guess.

That's quite a jump down from 115m?

Around the Network

Sony should drop  the PS3's price to $99. It's just that easy.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

You can't "win" a generation after it's already over. A generation effectively ends when the next generation consoles release. That has happened for all three companies. Wii "won" last gen, while it was still actually actively ongoing. By a considerable margin in fact. End of story.

yep convinced and agreed.

PS3 will be strugle to reach 90mi by the end of next year.

PS: No one else will help bump this other incredible accurated prediction by our master ethomaz?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176514&page=1#

kowenicki said:
sales2099 said:
Always thought Ethomaz is waaaaaay to optomistic. Didn't take into account current gen sales dropping after the next gen. tsk tsk.

Still only 1 million ahead of 360 globally, with their 2008 pricing no less :P

no it isnt.

it isnt ahead at all.  they are level.

Well good sir I just hope vgchartz adjusts to reflect that.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.