By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be The Number One Console This Gen With 115 Million Shipped. And You? (Sales > My Prediction Right Now)

Tagged games:

115 is kind of a stretch, I'm unsure on how the PS3 will hold out when the PS4 and the next Xbox come out, but without a doubt it will reach 90 and maybe 100.

Around the Network

That's ridiculous, even for a guess. PS2 had pricing, games, graphics, etc. on its side. So will PS4 but console gaming is definitely slowing down. And I'm not just saying that because of Wii U. I believe this generation as a whole will have sales that don't top 100 million.

Ljink96 said:
That's ridiculous, even for a guess. PS2 had pricing, games, graphics, etc. on its side. So will PS4 but console gaming is definitely slowing down. And I'm not just saying that because of Wii U. I believe this generation as a whole will have sales that don't top 100 million.

PS3 and Wii will top 100 million for sure... I think with 10 million forecast for the next FY Sony will be close to 87m... 13 million for reach 100m in the next years will be easy with the others countries.

Now my predition is really a hard one... it have a chance but it is small... so I B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Sales data updated as of 6th July 2013.

The biggest changes are in Europe where the sales are tracking ahead my predictions at the end of 2012.

2012 US: -649,301
2012 EU: +793,921
2012 JP: -104,445

2012 US + EU + JP: +40,175

So PS3 is selling 40k ahed my overall prediction at the end of 2012.

That's just AMAZING.

spurgeonryan said:
How do you think it will drop when PS4 comes?

Sony forecast to fical year (end of March 2013) is 10 million PS3 shipped... this shipment is 10-20% lower than previous fiscal year... so I guess Sony is not expeting a big drop even after PS4 launch.

I'm with Sony... PS4 won't hurt PS3 sales like PS3 didn't hurt PS2 sales

20% average drop per year.

Around the Network

i'm with you ethomaz on the fact that the PS3 has plenty of possible sales to grab with Sony's attitude towards supporting their platforms even when their next one hit the market. not to mention the amazing library of exclusives in its disposal already which will expand even more with quality titles like Beyond: two souls, Gran turismo 6 and puppeteer. also the PS3 is one of the best blue-ray players out there which will definitely gives it longevity. and last but not least the price opportunity which will play a big role when it hits 199,149 and 99 eventually.

the Playstation 3 will hit 100 million no doubt but i feel it can reach 110 million if Sony played their cards right.

115m is a no go, and it's dropping faster than I realised.

Last year they expected 13m and obviously missed that, probably 12m. This year they expect 10m, but there is no way they're shipping more than 5m this holiday and then 1m the Q after, so again they'll miss it by 1m. They'll pass 100m but if sales start to fall below 5m a year sooner rather than later, developing countries won't be enough to pick up the slack.

I'm calling it now, guys....

First console in history to ship 200 million consoles worldwide!!!

HA, just kidding....well, if Xbox was out of tje picture it could be a possibility but these two brands will always be neck and neck now so no one will ever have the dominate sales. It should easily break 100 million, though.

Edit: woopsie, my bad lol...I was thinking PS4 when I wrote that not PS3. But I agree with OP on those PS3 numbers hehe.

Seece said:
115m is a no go, and it's dropping faster than I realised.

Last year they expected 13m and obviously missed that, probably 12m. This year they expect 10m, but there is no way they're shipping more than 5m this holiday and then 1m the Q after, so again they'll miss it by 1m. They'll pass 100m but if sales start to fall below 5m a year sooner rather than later, developing countries won't be enough to pick up the slack.

I think this too.

I believe that, here, people overestimate Sony's support to their platforms. I know that they supported PS2 for a long time and that PS2 sold something like 50 milion after PS3 launch, but the beginning of next generation will be totally different from the last one. 

So, even though, they will complete the ten years plan, they'll focus more on PS4 and PS3 sales will slowly, but steadily, die off.

Without even clicking on the thread. I knew in my mind who bumped it. lol