By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think is the scariest video game or video game level?

the original silent hill--played it at 3 am the first time i ever saw that game--that was scary

Around the Network

Just watch this shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=952NoFhRBGA

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Tifa Lockhart said:

Topic title says it all. What's the scariest video game or video game level? Levels can also be portions of a certain game.

For me, the scariest game would have to be Fatal Frame 2, because getting spooked was mandatory in order to get through the game, and the scares weren't that bad, either.

As for video game levels, I'd have to say the Cradle from Thief: Deadly Shadows is the scariest. The atmosphere was just perfect, especially if you played in the dark in front of a large TV with surround sound.  

You nailed it right there.  Icould only play it for a few hours, and only with my friend there.  Remember the hand on the shoulder at the beginning? *shudders

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Just watch this shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=952NoFhRBGA

==> one of the best intro / music intro of the PSX
I remember when Lisa "die" in the closed door just in front of you.
Fews second before, you were talking together ...

EDIT : I have purchase recently an orginal copy of SH1 and sadly, the game is really ugly to my eyes :(

Time to Work !

I know it's probably hard to believe, but I used to get nightmares after playing Metroid. Yes, the NES game. I was 9 at the time. I think it was the music.

Around the Network

To further extend the life of this topic, what is the scariest video game entity you've ever encountered?

Mine'd have to be the Regenerator. Twitchy, bitey, naked with no reproductive organs, and just plain old creepy. Blech.

Wii Sports (seriously, the ppl have no legs)

Silent Hill 3,. the escene in the church and the carrousel, made cry like a 9 years old girl chased by a mouse

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I would have to say Doom 3 just because the majority of the game is in a very creepy atmosphere, the sounds really do it.

PC Gamer

Bioshock had its moments.

RE4 is a bit spooky, too.