By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think is the scariest video game or video game level?

Ravenholm in Half Life 2. The setting was only mildly scary, but everything would be silent, and then you turn a corner and BAM! zombies are all over you. I was playing it in the dark and it really made me jump.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
The tensest levels I've played are Alien vs Predator 2 as a marine with difficulty at max but they weren't as creepy as the Cradle levels.

Ah, yes, AvP...

When your radar lights up and all you can think is "OH SH*T! RRRRRRUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!"

Great game back in the day. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Tifa Lockhart said:
To further extend the life of this topic, what is the scariest video game entity you've ever encountered?

Mine'd have to be the Regenerator. Twitchy, bitey, naked with no reproductive organs, and just plain old creepy. Blech.

Definitely has to be my first Big Daddy fight. Yikes, those things are imposing the first time. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I second the insanity effects of Eternal Darkness. Really messes with your mind.

Though I would have to give the edge to the Silent Hill series for the eerie atmosphere.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

RE3. They have this one hallway on the second floor of a building with a room at the end. There is nothing else at the end of the hall, just a room. In the room are a couple of zombies, and a diamond.

The first time I'm playing this, I had been scared shitless running from Nemesis, and ran into this building, up the stairs, and into the room. Nemesis didn't follow me. I dispatched the zombies, picked up the diamond, and paced the room wondering what to do next. After ten minutes or so, I went back out the room to check out the hallway. There was nothing there. I spent the next ten minutes or so wandering between the room and hallway. After a while, I went back into the hall, and right then Nemesis comes running down the hall straight for me. I was scared sht!tless, didn't know what to do, and ended up dying as he picked me up and stuck a tentacle through my head. It was so unexpected. I had gone into the hall countless times and he never popped up.

Around the Network
cool48 said:
Hyperion said:
Video Games aren't scary.

OMG are you kidding!

Any scary video game I've ever played was at least 3x scarier that the scariest movie I ever saw.

yep... tis true

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

silent hill.... the radio static sound still F***s me up. particularly if its foggy and i cant find my way out town lols

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Scariest Game: Resident Evil (GCN)
Scariest Level: The bottom of the well from the Ocarina of Time

hahaha..god topic...

quake 2

the level

where u hear the voice overs saying.....(let me out)......(help me)

and u looked in the cells and saw marines grabbing and shaking thier heads, or hanged

top that u resident evil chumps

eternal darkeness? please!!

quake 2 made u wonder why. 

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

There is always the classic Resident Evil when you're a kid. That was kind of embedded in my mind.

I would like to nominate Half-Life 2's Ravenholm level as well as the poison zombies/headcrabs and fast zombies. Not the scariest thing out there, but walking around the corner to a poison head crap lunging at you is a little rough.