By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Long-term things Nintendo needs to do

Soleron said:

- Make a New Legend of Zelda.

- Re-evaluate who the actual flagship games are.

- Make more small games instead of large games.

- Reduce the focus on 3D titles and technology

eh, a new zelda seems to conflict with the rest imo.  

honestly, if nintendo wants profitability to be their main focus (and i suppose that is the goal of every company) they should kill off zelda, metroid, f-zero, pikimin, starfox, smash brothers, 3D mario, and fire emblem (all of their "core" focused franchise).  that would give them more resources to get more games out for the audiences that MSony fail miserably at: kids, girls and women, casuals and beginners.

more mario 2D platformers, brain age, nintendogs, mario party, mario kart, wii fits, and other such titles/franchises they could create like that "wii relax" game that never came.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

honestly, if nintendo wants profitability to be their main focus (and i suppose that is the goal of every company) they should kill off zelda, metroid, f-zero, pikimin, starfox, smash brothers, 3D mario, and fire emblem (all of their "core" focused franchise).  that would give them more resources to get more games out for the audiences that MSony fail miserably at: kids, girls and women, casuals and beginners.

more mario 2D platformers, brain age, nintendogs, mario party, mario kart, wii fits, and other such titles/franchises they could create like that "wii relax" game that never came.

"New Legend of Zelda" as in a small, low budget 2D Zelda like NSMB.

Agreed with the rest, Wii Relax/Vitality Sensor was a great idea. I hope they didn't kill it due to E3 reception.

DanneSandin said:
So, I haven't read the actual article yet, but by the way people responed and that list from the OP just says it all: this guy is obviously a moron and don't understand much things gaming.

I'll make a longer post later... Does anyone listen to this stupid son of a bitch?! It's like he doesn't understand what it means to be competative

+100

34 years playing games.

Ugh. I really love all the vidya game economics experts here are critisizing the one guy who has been making consistently accurate predictions about Nintendo's performance since 2005.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Soleron said:
kitler53 said:

"New Legend of Zelda" as in a small, low budget 2D Zelda like NSMB.

Agreed with the rest, Wii Relax/Vitality Sensor was a great idea. I hope they didn't kill it due to E3 reception.

question.  if nintendo did actually go through with anything even remotely like what i stated. would you still want a nintendo console?  i mean, i can see how they would be profitable.  but is that really what you want?  more wii music, wii play, wii party, brain age, nintendogs and no metroid, star fox, f-zero?  for me personally, if just retro was sold off to be 3rd party or (even better for me) to sony i just can't imagine me caring about anything nintendo does anymore.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
metalmonstar said:

- Make a New Legend of Zelda.- Every Nintendo fan wants this. To be honest I think we as gamers need to be more patient. New Zeldas are always on the way there is no reason for us to demand them.

Doesn't mean that. He capitalised the "New", he means a 2D game in the style of New Super Mario Bros.

New Adventure of Link U

ohdeargodno

Soleron said:
metalmonstar said:

- Make a New Legend of Zelda.- Every Nintendo fan wants this. To be honest I think we as gamers need to be more patient. New Zeldas are always on the way there is no reason for us to demand them.

Doesn't mean that. He capitalised the "New", he means a 2D game in the style of New Super Mario Bros.

I missed that. So I am guessing he doesn't consider Four Sword Adventure for gamecube to be a top down 2D zelda? I just don't see a top town 2D Legend of Zelda being quite as popular as the 3D ones.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

- Profitability should be the aim, not innovation.

When did Malstrom give up on Blue Ocean Strategy?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

metalmonstar said:
Soleron said:
metalmonstar said:

I missed that. So I am guessing he doesn't consider Four Sword Adventure for gamecube to be a top down 2D zelda? I just don't see a top town 2D Legend of Zelda being quite as popular as the 3D ones.

That game is puzzle focused and doesn't puch the GC graphically. It's far, far from a proper 2D Zelda in spirit.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Wasn't this guy the hero of nintendo fans some years ago? And now he has become a moron? Wow.