By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox720 clocked speed low?

ethomaz said:
Naum said:
Then you are really gonna be pissed... grow up for god sake... if it continues like this the industry will be over before 2015

If there are no more improvements like PS2 to PS3 (or even more) then there are no needs for a new gen.

Any new console have to be better than te tops PC at launch... that's what I hope a new gen is.

I already have a PS3... I want a machine way way way better... GTX 680 on console now please.

then get a gaming if specs are that important to you 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
DarkTemplar said:
If this humor is true the nexbox isn't going to be backward compatible with 360 games, I wonder if MS is preparing something like Gaikai for it.

What?

Edit:

lol sorry I just saw it, thanks!

animegaming said:

I don't like PC for games deu installs, uninstalls, drivers, boot, etc, etc... I prefer consoles... and that's the first time I saw a generation without huge leap graphics over the previous... that's a big mistake.

A console have to be on pair with the most advanced PC at the launch for hold at least five years without became dated.

The are something wrong with console gaming today.

ninetailschris said:
zarx said:
I guess that means that the 8 core CPU rumour is probably correct then. Man that is an insane amount of CPU power for a console even if they are using 2 cores for systems/kinnect stuff.
Xeon E5-2650 8 16 2 GHz 20 MB 95 Watt $1106

What are you trying to say? 

Current rumours point to AMD Kaveri or Jaguar based CPU. I don't see how a Intel server CPU is relevent to the conversation...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

if graphics mean nothing to you what are you looking forward to in the next gen consoles excluding new games, if graphic mean nothing then im sure youll enjoy plenty of years playing every nes game ever released (not mocking the nes as the nes has a ton of fantasticly playable games).

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

animegaming said:

I don't like PC for games deu installs, uninstalls, drivers, boot, etc, etc... I prefer consoles... and that's the first time I saw a generation without huge leap graphics over the previous... that's a big mistake.

A console have to be on pair with the most advanced PC at the launch for hold at least five years without became dated.

Hoping this is sarcasm.

Putting a GTX 680 or similar GPU in a console, said in your previous comment, would put a HUGE price on the console.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

8 cores confirmed then...

Yay!!!

ethomaz said:

animegaming said:

consoles will never be on par with PC due to how fast technology advances and due to how consoles specs are lock down and can never be changed

_crazy_man_ said:
ethomaz said:

animegaming said:

Hoping this is sarcasm.

Putting a GTX 680 or similar GPU in a console, said in your previous comment, would put a HUGE price on the console.

agree i doubt microsoft is willing to take a huge leap and sony can't afford one right now thats why i have been thinking next gen is going to more focus on stuff like kinect for xbox, cross play, with PS4 and vita, and the gamepad with nintendo then graphics 

_crazy_man_ said:

Hoping this is sarcasm.

It's not sarcasm... at launch of the 360 the R520 (Fudo) is not released yet and the R500 in the 360 was the best GPU in the market... all the previous gen showed consoles on pair or better than the top PCs in the moment.

What the point to have a console like low PC at the launch?

The timeline for a console is to be like below...

Launch: TOP PC
2 years: MID PC
5 years: LOW PC

A console at lauch with a power of a LOW PC is terrible for the game industry.