By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox720 clocked speed low?

Power isnt everything.

Around the Network
keroncoward said:
Does it matter if its not 3.2GHz like the 360? Clock speed is becoming irrelevant in this day and age. Architecture is more important

OMG someone with a brain....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I guess that means that the 8 core CPU rumour is probably correct then. Man that is an insane amount of CPU power for a console even if they are using 2 cores for systems/kinnect stuff.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

What does this mean for backwards compatibility?
I've no doubt that modern day 1.6ghz multi-core cpus can outperform the 7 year old 3.2ghz xenon but what effect does that have on emulation?
Ps4 to come with a separately sold cell dongle, 720 with a Xenon dongle for bc?

zarx said:
I guess that means that the 8 core CPU rumour is probably correct then. Man that is an insane amount of CPU power for a console even if they are using 2 cores for systems/kinnect stuff.
Xeon E5-2650 8 16 2 GHz 20 MB 95 Watt $1106

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

If this rumor is true the nexbox isn't going to be backward compatible with 360 games, I wonder if MS is preparing something like Gaikai for it.

Edit: fixed - thanks vgking

Well Microsoft could be following Nintendo model, they already have some of that market....

DarkTemplar said:
If this humor is true the nexbox isn't going to be backward compatible with 360 games, I wonder if MS is preparing something like Gaikai for it.

What?

Naum said:
Then you are really gonna be pissed... grow up for god sake... if it continues like this the industry will be over before 2015

If there are no more improvements like PS2 to PS3 (or even more) then there are no needs for a new gen.

Any new console have to be better than te tops PC at launch... that's what I hope a new gen is.

I already have a PS3... I want a machine way way way better... GTX 680 on console now please.

VGKing said:
Well Microsoft could be following Nintendo model, they already have some of that market....

i have been saying for a couple years now M$ is trying to be what nintendo was this gen just look at the kinect and making the 360 a multimedia device i have actually read interviews that they no longer call the 360 just a gaming console